Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blackat Guitars
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
PosterBoy
For all you shredders and Djent-meisters

https://www.facebook.com/blackatguitars

Now myself not being a shredder or Djent-meister, I'm still quite drawn to their designs, and although the headstock shape looks like a Dothraki weapon, I quite like it too.

I'm sure with the right wood combinations, neck profile and pickups I could get a guitar that would please me a great deal.
Hexabuzz
Nice...

Over the years, I've found that the smaller builders, who communicate with, and understand their customers, as well as their craft, make the instruments that not only last a lifetime, but speak directly to our inner voice...

I love what the "big" companies are building, but if we really want to find the guitar that brings out our best, it's probably going to be from a small luthier...
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Hexabuzz @ Mar 24 2014, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice...

Over the years, I've found that the smaller builders, who communicate with, and understand their customers, as well as their craft, make the instruments that not only last a lifetime, but speak directly to our inner voice...

I love what the "big" companies are building, but if we really want to find the guitar that brings out our best, it's probably going to be from a small luthier...

That's happening because time allows it smile.gif When you are a big company you standardize and mass produce, but when you are a little company, taking care of your clients in the best way possible is the number one priority. Of course, the prices are different and you will have to empty your wallet, but you will be assured that you are paying for something great!

Darius Wave
I really have to say I'm proud of some Polish producers same as bands for example:

Mayones, Blackat, Skervesen

or bands:

Behemoth, Vader, Frontside etc...

All those do their descent job but sad thing is...they had to make career outside of Poland to get respect in their own country...
Mertay
Thats the best metal-tele design I've seen till now smile.gif Mayones is the most famous as far as I know but I also notice these on used guitar sales a lot.
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 24 2014, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really have to say I'm proud of some Polish producers same as bands for example:

Mayones, Blackat, Skervesen

or bands:

Behemoth, Vader, Frontside etc...

All those do their descent job but sad thing is...they had to make career outside of Poland to get respect in their own country...

Indeed man, you have a bunch of great artists and guitar artisans alike! Let's not forget LaBoga smile.gif
Darius Wave
Now...what are Turkish and Romanian most famous brands ?smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 25 2014, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now...what are Turkish and Romanian most famous brands ?smile.gif

Hmmmm... I don't know about Turkish, but we have Reghin - one of the oldest instrument producing factories here. But it's a wreck nowadays ... there's also an independent producer called Grossman - here's his website so that you may take a look over his works: http://www.grosmann.ro/guitars/
PosterBoy
Are your local builders using the tried and tested woods or are they using ones that can only be found in the region that they've found to be good tone woods?
Cosmin Lupu
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 26 2014, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are your local builders using the tried and tested woods or are they using ones that can only be found in the region that they've found to be good tone woods?

Ah mate, Grossman is using tried and tested woods for certain. About the Reghin factory... I have no clue whatsoever, but back in the 70s, they used to produce great instruments for export. I own one of the two acoustic Gibson copies they have made in 1976 for exporting. They were truly outstanding instruments!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.