Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Know Nothing About Amplitude 3
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
bryant
What hardware besides my guitar will I need to have to make Amplitude 3 work? What other software will I need. I have an iPad 2 now. What should I output to. I mean, the program has choices for cabinets already, what good will it do me to output to another cabinet? Do I output to a mixer and put thru the mains?
Todd Simpson
Sounds like your talking about the mobile version right? So you just need some sort of interface to get in to your device. You can monitor with headphones or try to run it in to your amp on a clean channel. You can't run it to a cabinet without something to amplify the signal right? So you can run it to an amp on clean then to a cab if you like smile.gif Going to the mixer/mains should work fine too. Did you read any of the documentation on the site by chance? It actually walks you through most of this.

QUOTE (bryant @ Apr 14 2014, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What hardware besides my guitar will I need to have to make Amplitude 3 work? What other software will I need. I have an iPad 2 now. What should I output to. I mean, the program has choices for cabinets already, what good will it do me to output to another cabinet? Do I output to a mixer and put thru the mains?

bryant
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 14 2014, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like your talking about the mobile version right? So you just need some sort of interface to get in to your device. You can monitor with headphones or try to run it in to your amp on a clean channel. You can't run it to a cabinet without something to amplify the signal right? So you can run it to an amp on clean then to a cab if you like smile.gif Going to the mixer/mains should work fine too. Did you read any of the documentation on the site by chance? It actually walks you through most of this.

Did read some of it at first, Todd. Just got a little confused about all the different bundles and packaged items to get. I guess my other question is if you have all these cabinet and amp presets already, how does that specific sound/tonality still get precisely emulated when run thru another cabinet and amp or a mixer/mains setup? Won't that change the tonality of the original presets?
bryant
QUOTE (bryant @ Apr 14 2014, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did read some of it at first, Todd. Just got a little confused about all the different bundles and packaged items to get. I guess my other question is if you have all these cabinet and amp presets already, how does that specific sound/tonality still get precisely emulated when run thru another cabinet and amp or a mixer/mains setup? Won't that change the tonality of the original presets?

Anyone with experience for iPad use out there.
dcz702
You need this if you want to use your ipad with the amplitube app http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irig/
I'm not sure what your trying to use the app for but really it's made for on the go jamming and to always be able to plug in and get decent tones on the go without lugging a amp around. It's not made to use like a real amp. Sorry if I got wrong what your trying to ask. wink.gif Say you chose a jcm900 in the amplitube I don't really think it's gonna sound like a jcm900 when you run it through something else like a aux in to make it come out through your amp or stereo or whatever. When I used it on my Mac I just wasn't convinced and it didn't do it for me at all. But to plug in when your on the go is great I think. But really I'd rather carry around something like a blackstar ht1
Gabriel Leopardi
dcz702 gave you the exact link to what you need to use Amplitube with Ipad. Please let us know if you have any other question. smile.gif
Besides that, you will need headphones to hear your guitar or connect your Ipad to speakers.
bryant
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 15 2014, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dcz702 gave you the exact link to what you need to use Amplitube with Ipad. Please let us know if you have any other question. smile.gif
Besides that, you will need headphones to hear your guitar or connect your Ipad to speakers.

Thanx Gabriel and dcz. I'm probably gonna use it most of the time practicing at home at night with the headphones, and maybe some of the time running it through mixer /speakers at a small jam I run in a pool hall here in Maine, U.S.A. . I'll be making some basic recording of myself along with jam tracks, too.

What would be the best way to sync in a video of my lessons (that I want to get involved back in) with Cozmin, using this product?

Oh, I'll probably get the iRig HD to start with and add the slash, hendrix, and orange bundles, and see where that takes me. Thanx again. Once I get things working, I'll let you know how I'm doing.

Anyone else in here use this product much? Give me shout, thx?
Todd Simpson
I"ve tried it but I mostly use JAM UP PRO and it's associate amp designer app called BIAS but those are perhaps a bit complext to start with so I'd say go for amplitude and mess around with it and see what you think smile.gif

QUOTE (bryant @ Apr 15 2014, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanx Gabriel and dcz. I'm probably gonna use it most of the time practicing at home at night with the headphones, and maybe some of the time running it through mixer /speakers at a small jam I run in a pool hall here in Maine, U.S.A. . I'll be making some basic recording of myself along with jam tracks, too.

What would be the best way to sync in a video of my lessons (that I want to get involved back in) with Cozmin, using this product?

Oh, I'll probably get the iRig HD to start with and add the slash, hendrix, and orange bundles, and see where that takes me. Thanx again. Once I get things working, I'll let you know how I'm doing.

Anyone else in here use this product much? Give me shout, thx?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.