Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Controversial Easter Humor
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Todd Simpson
Posted this on facebook but took it down pretty quickly. I thought this was funny. What do you guys thing/ Is it offensive or funny?

Click to view attachment
bleez
definitely not offensive to a heathen like myself anyway cool.gif
PosterBoy
Inaccurate rather than offensive. His righteous anger was more to do with the fact that they were cheating people in God's house, a place for prayer and worship, not a place to steal.

Maybe flogging some pastors who take obscene salaries from their churches and constantly teach about giving more, but don't follow suit.
Ben Higgins
What could possibly be offensive about this ? smile.gif

Whether it's Jesus doing it or not, many of the world's bankers deserve to be more than flogged.
Drag0nz&meTaL
im not offended
jstcrsn
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 16 2014, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What could possibly be offensive about this ? smile.gif

Whether it's Jesus doing it or not, many of the world's bankers deserve to be more than flogged.

sounds like a job for an American democrat politician,flog them with one hand ,and for the last few years,for all intents and purposes, have been giving them over a trillion, http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/28/news/econo...ve-qe-stimulus/
Sensible Jones
Todd, you've seen some of the stuff I post on FB so how can I possibly be offended by this? I posted it too.
I agree with PB that it's slightly inaccurate, but I very much like the sentiment!!!
smile.gif smile.gif
klasaine
I'm a jew , I married a catholic, my kid goes to a lutheran school. No offense taken.
Todd Simpson
Glad to hear nobody was offended smile.gif I laughed my head off when I first saw this and thought "let's go flog a banker!!" :)hehehehe
waynedcoville
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 16 2014, 05:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Posted this on facebook but took it down pretty quickly. I thought this was funny. What do you guys thing/ Is it offensive or funny?

Click to view attachment

I think its freakin hilarious.

http://www.atheistmemebase.com/

gregc1
Haha no offense taken here, but the flogging should go to the politicians (enablers), rather than the bankers.
Cosmin Lupu
I agree smile.gif and I am not offended either - I am a Christian Orthodox in the books, but more drawn to Zen/Buddhism. Christianity has done way too many bad things, interpreting the word of the Bible as they found it fitting for their interests. I'd rather follow a path that is based on simpler principles, which by the way, are found in the Orthodox/Catholic beliefs, BUT with a big difference - Christianity starts with DON'T while Zen/Buddhism starts with DO smile.gif What you do, is your responsibility alone - if you do it, you accept the consequences and everything is cool.

Everyone is stoked about Christmas and Easter because they get to eat and drink and a whole frenzy begins - shopping and clean the house like there's no tomorrow - I feel like going in the woods laugh.gif Although, I like some of the goodies prepared tongue.gif
Azzaboi
It's depicting someone famous of history doing something they didn't do. To some it would be considered as blasphemy.

Some dark satire I really enjoy, but understand it might greatly offend those who take it as something serious, such as 'Obama Been Watchin' - NSA Parody Rucka Rucka Ali' might greatly offend those that support Obama and the most messed up government in the world? Yet I find crack up.

Christianity actually simply means 'Follow in the footsteps of Christ', the religious part has been added and clouded over by various branches such as: Catholics, Orthodox, Lutherans, Anglicans or Baptists, etc. There are reported to be approximately 41,000 Christian denominations, all slightly different but based upon the original line all leading back to the history of Jesus. Some of their branches have even been modified to censor/remove parts or add new stuff in. So to an outsider, sure this might look like a crazy mess and not make sense in places, to be honest human errors and assumptions greatly cloud over this, but even atheism has links back to the facts of real Christianity and is based upon it - just removing the idea of the Creator being an intelligences. An atheist might even believe, "Yes, there was a Jesus". The thing to note is even though all faiths are considered pretty much equal, everyone has their own theories, most become deeply rooted into them and don't like others which conflict it.

Easter isn't even a Christian date, rather it's a pagan, they just reused the date as they don't know the real confirmed date.

As for this Jesus recorded in History (and even believed by some atheists as fact)... for example even Richard Dawkins, writer of 'The God Delusion' and hater of all Christians, even believes in Jesus after spending a life of research and still unsure about God. There are many sources outside of the bible which confirmed this Jesus and some which where even against His teachings.

The first-century Roman Tacitus, who is considered one of the more accurate historians of the ancient world, mentioned superstitious “Christians” (from Christus, which is Latin for Christ), who suffered under Pontius Pilate during the reign of Tiberius. Suetonius, chief secretary to Emperor Hadrian, wrote that there was a man named Chrestus (or Christ) who lived during the first century (Annals 15.44).

Pliny the Younger, in Letters 10:96, recorded early Christian worship practices including the fact that Christians worshiped Jesus as God and were very ethical, and he includes a reference to the love feast and Lord’s Supper.

The Babylonian Talmud (Sanhedrin 43a) confirms Jesus' crucifixion on the eve of Passover and the accusations against Christ of practicing sorcery and encouraging Jewish apostasy.

Just to name a few. No confirmed dates and calendars where totally different back then anyways, recreated multiple times and still not 100% correct with daylight savings, etc.

So originally the Easter date was a pagan festival...

You could teach your children about how the Easter bunny symbolizes sexual prowess to the Pagan Sun worshipper? And the Hot Cross Buns are idols to worship? And the Eggs are something pooped out of the rabbit (even those they don't lay eggs) which you eat? And that the blood of a female virgin was spilled, murdered, danced around naked, in an evil pagan festival, while they worship the Sun and Moon?

However Christians, prefer to use the day to celebrate something positive which wipes away the evil and sins - the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the eggs symbolize the birth of Christ, the Hot Cross Buns symbolize the Cross, while the bunny which doesn't make any sense has nothing to do with it. It's been shadowed back over.

Christians have done the same with Christmas date, which is also originally a dark and evil Pagan holiday. Also shadowed over - the Atheists have made Saint Nick into Santa Claws - a overweight red man, with a drunk red nose reindeer that thinks it can fly, and breaking child labour laws with hundreds of so-called elves slaving away in the freezing cold of the North Pole - just to fuel the greed of kids worldwide.

It depends on what you would prefer to celebrate and remember.

As a Christian: I don't really care for it, nor does it offend me. Then again, I'm not the average Christian. My religious logic actually follows more closely to Albert Einstein's idea of cosmic religion - The universe is part of a large Creator and time is merely an illusion based on the scope of our own limitations and attachments to this cosmos. Whether or not the Creator is intelligent is entirely up to the person's faith, but a proven requirement for all faiths/theories, as particles are never created nor destroyed. Atheism simply calls it Dark Matter/Energy, for example, but still has the same belief of invisible entities such as the supermassive black-holes. As for Jesus, He provided us with good moral values and teachings. A son of the larger Creator, just as we all are. It places us with a purpose and reason in life, a goal to improve and better ourselves.

To explain each individual's complex and unique belief system as an entire group is just stereotyping and impossible. As you see even I blab to try explain the basics, which would yet again be different for the next person. So yes, it's quite possible some will be offended by it.
Mertay
Also a friend on facebook shred this; https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hpho...108109841_n.jpg
Ben Higgins
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Apr 19 2014, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for example even Richard Dawkins, writer of 'The God Delusion' and hater of all Christians,

I haven't read it, don't consider myself a follower of Dawkins and don't really use the term atheist but I know enough about him to say that this sentence is just inaccurate.

He doesn't hate Christians. That's just an excuse to dismiss him by trivialising his stance by claiming it's just about hate.

I would say that many followers of faith, though, do hate Dawkins.
Cosmin Lupu
Don't wanna get too much into religious/spiritual debates smile.gif I will only say that one should follow their heart and stay true to themselves without hurting anyone around. That should be the based for everyone smile.gif
Todd Simpson
Well said smile.gif Much like Jesus himself, I consider myself a "so called" Gnostic. As such, I oppose dogma and doctrine as a matter of course smile.gif I found the piece humorous more than anything else. But it did strike me that some might find it patently offensive.

As you mentioned, Easter as well as the many other "Holy Days"/"Holidays are just borrowed from the pagan traditions as various faith systems have done since the dawn of time. It's ironic that the very structure and hierarchy that Jesus was opposed to, is what became enshrined through Roman interference in what was considered a forbidden cult. Then again, the Gnostic movement is still considered by many to be a Cult so that makes me a "Cultist" I suppose smile.gif But I digress. I still get a giggle out of that picture of him flogging folks smile.gif

Happy Floggging!!! er. Easter!!

QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Apr 19 2014, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's depicting someone famous of history doing something they didn't do. To some it would be considered as blasphemy.

Some dark satire I really enjoy, but understand it might greatly offend those who take it as something serious, such as 'Obama Been Watchin' - NSA Parody Rucka Rucka Ali' might greatly offend those that support Obama and the most messed up government in the world? Yet I find crack up.

Christianity actually simply means 'Follow in the footsteps of Christ', the religious part has been added and clouded over by various branches such as: Catholics, Orthodox, Lutherans, Anglicans or Baptists, etc. There are reported to be approximately 41,000 Christian denominations, all slightly different but based upon the original line all leading back to the history of Jesus. Some of their branches have even been modified to censor/remove parts or add new stuff in. So to an outsider, sure this might look like a crazy mess and not make sense in places, to be honest human errors and assumptions greatly cloud over this, but even atheism has links back to the facts of real Christianity and is based upon it - just removing the idea of the Creator being an intelligences. An atheist might even believe, "Yes, there was a Jesus". The thing to note is even though all faiths are considered pretty much equal, everyone has their own theories, most become deeply rooted into them and don't like others which conflict it.

Easter isn't even a Christian date, rather it's a pagan, they just reused the date as they don't know the real confirmed date.

As for this Jesus recorded in History (and even believed by some atheists as fact)... for example even Richard Dawkins, writer of 'The God Delusion' and hater of all Christians, even believes in Jesus after spending a life of research and still unsure about God. There are many sources outside of the bible which confirmed this Jesus and some which where even against His teachings.

The first-century Roman Tacitus, who is considered one of the more accurate historians of the ancient world, mentioned superstitious “Christians” (from Christus, which is Latin for Christ), who suffered under Pontius Pilate during the reign of Tiberius. Suetonius, chief secretary to Emperor Hadrian, wrote that there was a man named Chrestus (or Christ) who lived during the first century (Annals 15.44).

Pliny the Younger, in Letters 10:96, recorded early Christian worship practices including the fact that Christians worshiped Jesus as God and were very ethical, and he includes a reference to the love feast and Lord’s Supper.

The Babylonian Talmud (Sanhedrin 43a) confirms Jesus' crucifixion on the eve of Passover and the accusations against Christ of practicing sorcery and encouraging Jewish apostasy.

Just to name a few. No confirmed dates and calendars where totally different back then anyways, recreated multiple times and still not 100% correct with daylight savings, etc.

So originally the Easter date was a pagan festival...

You could teach your children about how the Easter bunny symbolizes sexual prowess to the Pagan Sun worshipper? And the Hot Cross Buns are idols to worship? And the Eggs are something pooped out of the rabbit (even those they don't lay eggs) which you eat? And that the blood of a female virgin was spilled, murdered, danced around naked, in an evil pagan festival, while they worship the Sun and Moon?

However Christians, prefer to use the day to celebrate something positive which wipes away the evil and sins - the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the eggs symbolize the birth of Christ, the Hot Cross Buns symbolize the Cross, while the bunny which doesn't make any sense has nothing to do with it. It's been shadowed back over.

Christians have done the same with Christmas date, which is also originally a dark and evil Pagan holiday. Also shadowed over - the Atheists have made Saint Nick into Santa Claws - a overweight red man, with a drunk red nose reindeer that thinks it can fly, and breaking child labour laws with hundreds of so-called elves slaving away in the freezing cold of the North Pole - just to fuel the greed of kids worldwide.

It depends on what you would prefer to celebrate and remember.

As a Christian: I don't really care for it, nor does it offend me. Then again, I'm not the average Christian. My religious logic actually follows more closely to Albert Einstein's idea of cosmic religion - The universe is part of a large Creator and time is merely an illusion based on the scope of our own limitations and attachments to this cosmos. Whether or not the Creator is intelligent is entirely up to the person's faith, but a proven requirement for all faiths/theories, as particles are never created nor destroyed. Atheism simply calls it Dark Matter/Energy, for example, but still has the same belief of invisible entities such as the supermassive black-holes. As for Jesus, He provided us with good moral values and teachings. A son of the larger Creator, just as we all are. It places us with a purpose and reason in life, a goal to improve and better ourselves.

To explain each individual's complex and unique belief system as an entire group is just stereotyping and impossible. As you see even I blab to try explain the basics, which would yet again be different for the next person. So yes, it's quite possible some will be offended by it.
Cosmin Lupu
I don't really care what religion/cult one is following, as long as they are nice goodhearted people smile.gif

Unfortunately, religious differences were a pretext for conflict since the dawn of time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.