Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bending from Outside Notes: Marty Friedman Style
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
gregc1
Original lesson: Bending from Outside Notes: Marty Friedman Style by Ben Higgins

Here's my take on Ben's outside bending lesson. Been away from the REC for a while so looking forward to getting a little more consistent here. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Cosmin Lupu
Uhhrmmm - 10? laugh.gif

Man, I think that I don't have anything to say other than congratulate you for a sweet take! Good work! Very good work! Your sense of articulation and interpretation are top notch!

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
I didn't know that Marty Friedman has subscribed to GMC!! biggrin.gif You did an excellent job man! I hope that you get back to Megadeth soon. Keep rocking! wink.gif
Ben Higgins
Very good stuff Greg, it's always a pleasure to hear other people playing lines that I wrote.. it's a great way of hearing your personality very clearly on the guitar !

The feel is really nice, the tone works perfectly... some of the bends sound a little shaky to me, just a bit unsure maybe.. it's mainly when the vibrato is on, they sound a bit shaky. But other than that, a fantastic job. I hope it has given you some different ideas to try in your own playing smile.gif
Darius Wave
Well done! Always a please to listen to Your playing mate! smile.gif If I could only add one tip to consider...

Maybe You could to try to rotate Your palm and have a bit better muting when You play on high strings. I had a feeling that at some points the low strings where right on the edge to become noises that destroy the sustain of the bends. It's not a huge issue - just a detailed I cought and though could be worth trying to make it 100% clean with profits for high positions bend that tend to go "dead" too fast if any unwanted low strings starts to ring under
Fran
Pass: 9.75
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.