Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blues Licks 2
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
krakou
Original lesson: Blues Licks 2 by Gabriel Leopardi

Marius Pop
Hello krakou smile.gif

Very good choice you had playing on this track and chosing this lesson.
You did a great job.The tone is very important here, i think the song needed more crunchie tone because it sounds a little "buzzy" to me.
A good tone can inspire you a lot, more than you can imagine.

When you start that pentatonic lick between 0:03 and 0:04 where you grab the note D is a little bit over tone compared to the original lesson.
In the original lesson that D note is played relaxed, no bending involved, you just bend it a little and it sounds unsure to me.
I have noticed a little" dirt" at 0:08 on the C# note.Try to be carefull on the palm muting technique and keep the note in tone, it's a little bit higher because of an unshure vibrato.

Between 0:09 and 0:10 i heard a natural harmonic B string 7 fret, again palm muting technique problem.
I know that it's blues and a lot of blues players are playing with a litle "dirt", but i had to compare you to the original lesson smile.gif

Between 0:27 and 0:28 you rushed a little bit with the lick, try to laid-back, feel relax when you play.

0:49-0:50 palm please smile.gif

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi krakou! I'm glad of finding this lesson at REC! It's around my first lessons ever at the site. As Marius said, there are lots of details to review on those licks to master this lesson but this doesn't mean that this is a bad take. You are very close to master the lesson but there are many things to re-check in the licks. My suggestion is to practice this lesson over the original take to discover the differences and try to incorporate them in your playing.

Keep on the good job!
Cosmin Lupu
Hello mate,

I think Marius and Gabi have pointed out the details, so just take the time to practice slowly and incorporate Marius' suggestions. After that, when you get up to speed, try to record against the original recording and compare the two - are all the details in place? If yes, it means you have solved the little issues wink.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin
Fran
Almost there, 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.