Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 5
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Rhida
Original lesson: Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 5 by Ben Higgins

Here's my first attempt.
Vibrato is a big weakness of mine.
This lesson has been a great workout these last days.

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! I'm here just grading your take! I gave you feedback at Gab's Army.

Keep on the good job! wink.gif
Ben Higgins
Hi that was a very good effort. You've got the basics of a strong vibrato now smile.gif

Just keep up with this, the technique will need some refining. When you do the very first slow bends, they are slightly out of pitch. I know that the point of the lesson is ultimately to help vibrato but getting the pitch more accurate will also help you with bending smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hey there mate smile.gif

Ben has pointed out the fact that your vibrato has greatly evolved, which is very true and I also think you did a fine job with this lesson.

I would slow down a bit and as Ben stated, work on the pitches of the bends and on the faster vibrato examples occurring after minute 0:26 - everything goes pretty fast there and you tend to lose a bit of control when executing those parts.

My opinion is that if you gain control over the pitches, you are good to go with this lesson. You could also record over Ben's original take so that you may have a means to compare the correctness of the pitches.

Keep rocking!

Cosmin
Fran
Pass: 8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.