Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kung-fu For Guitar ;)
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Mertay
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150259317459132

He is a famous classical guitar player and teacher in Turkey.

I went to a few kung-fu courses with him while in college. He finds martial arts helpful for guitar playing and shared this video, it not a warmup for guitar but good for specially shoulder health. Advised to do it once daily for musicians.

Its Turkish but I guess the video is explaining well enough, let me know if anything needs translating.
Todd Simpson
Good warmups!! Guitar or Kungfu smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 9 2014, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150259317459132

He is a famous classical guitar player and teacher in Turkey.

I went to a few kung-fu courses with him while in college. He finds martial arts helpful for guitar playing and shared this video, it not a warmup for guitar but good for specially shoulder health. Advised to do it once daily for musicians.

Its Turkish but I guess the video is explaining well enough, let me know if anything needs translating.

PosterBoy
Well that was a flash back to my wing chun days, and getting the crap beaten out of me my small chinese women.
Mertay
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 10 2014, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well that was a flash back to my wing chun days, and getting the crap beaten out of me my small chinese women.

biggrin.gif I only took a few lessons, on lesson 2 the teacher was standing on my stomach while I was lying down lifting my legs smile.gif I actually liked it but my partner was a girl friend and she couldn't take it much long smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
I totally agree on this smile.gif

I have been practicing Kenjutsu - or classical Japanese swordsmanship since 2012 and it helped a lot on a few very important aspects:

- attention to detail
- patience
- discipline
- self control
- knowing and listening to your body

I think that pretty much any martial arts style can teach you these, but it takes a bit of exploring to see how you can adapt these teachings to your playing - it's VERY doable and with great results nevertheless!

How many of you guys here are martial arts practitioners?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.