Full Version: Beginner's Corner 21: String Bending
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Rhida
Original lesson: Beginner's Corner 21: String Bending by Bear Rose
Here's my attempt.
Wonderful lesson!

Ben Higgins
Hi Rhida, this was a good attempt.

Some of the notes were quite accurate in terms of pitch. Some of them were too flat (under pitch)

When you get to the higher strings around 0:24 your timing suffers. So try to maintain the correct timing here as well.

I know, I know.. too much to think about, right ?? wink.gif

Don't worry - you can do this.

Here's quick tip to help you get better at matching the correct pitch of notes

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi friend! I'm ere just grading, you can find my feedback at Gab's Army thread.

Cheers,

Gab.-
Cosmin Lupu
Hello there Rhida,

I think Ben spotted the important things here - timing and the pitches of the bent notes. His video explains a lot about bending and maintaining pitch, so I strongly suggest you to watch, listen and apply and in the mean time, you can try to record a version of this lesson by recording over the original. In that way, you will notice the differences in terms of pitches and timing of the notes.

It will be far easier to see what you need to fix if you try this method, so please go ahead and then if there are any questions, write us and we'll help further. One drill about pitch correction when bending, involves connecting your guitar to a tuner and following the next steps:

- play a note and make sure the note is correct by checking it out with the tuner
- play the same note by bending the note found a half step down - is the note accurate? The tuner will tell you and you will know if you bent too little or too much.
- execute the same step as before, but use a note found one whole step down from the note you are trying to reach and then, one found a whole step and a half step down.

If the tuner says you are correct, it means you have bent the notes accordingly smile.gif

Please let us know how it feels wink.gif

Cosmin
Fran
Almost there, 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.