Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mccartney Makes Music Look Ridiculously Easy...
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
Spock
RARE MCCARTNEY FOOTAGE MAKES BEING A MUSICAL GENIUS LOOK RIDICULOUSLY EASY

You can just see all the levels his mind is working at while he gets this idea across.

http://www.purpleclover.com/life-reimagine...iculously-easy/
Sensible Jones
Whether you like his music or not there is no denying the amount of talent Paul has!
The same can be said for Michael Jackson. In this demo listen to all the different vocal parts that he's laid down to get the orchestration:-
Kristofer Dahl
^ Man - Michael was so skilled, I bet he had no problem throwing out these keeper takes one after the other. To me these vocals sound extremely close to the radio version we are all used to hearing.

It still hurts a little bit to think about how tragic his death [and life to a certain extrent?] was. Musicians of this quality should be considered an international concern and be given special protection...at least in my world.
Sensible Jones
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 2 2014, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ Man - Michael was so skilled, I bet he had no problem throwing out these keeper takes one after the other. To me these vocals sound extremely close to the radio version we are all used to hearing.

It still hurts a little bit to think about how tragic his death [and life to a certain extrent?] was. Musicians of this quality should be considered an international concern and be given special protection...at least in my world.

Exactly! There are some other of his Demo's floating around and the one I've heard for 'Beat it' is amazing!!
Gabriel Leopardi
Very inspiring stuff guys. We are talking about two music genius of our age. smile.gif
klasaine
You'll get no argument from me that McCartney is a genius ...
But that vid is from 1982 or 1983. By that time he'd had around 17 years to practice that song as it was from 'Revolver' (1966). He was demoing it for George Martin because it was going into a Movie he (PM) was doing - 'Give My Regards To Broadstreet'.
Normal stuff for musicians of that caliber.
Kristofer Dahl
QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 2 2014, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But that vid is from 1982 or 1983. By that time he'd had around 17 years to practice that song as it was from 'Revolver' (1966). He was demoing it for George Martin because it was going into a Movie he (PM) was doing - 'Give My Regards To Broadstreet'.

Thanks for the details. And 17 years is indeed a long time to practice a song, makes me feel good about my own progress pace =)
Mertay
QUOTE (Spock @ Sep 2 2014, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RARE MCCARTNEY FOOTAGE MAKES BEING A MUSICAL GENIUS LOOK RIDICULOUSLY EASY

You can just see all the levels his mind is working at while he gets this idea across.

http://www.purpleclover.com/life-reimagine...iculously-easy/

Excellent finger picking talents. Non-Classical guitar fingerpicking those days as I spoke to older people was very popular, nowadays very hard to find.
Spock

Well that just plopped a big dump right on top of that video. And here I was thinking those melodies were being infused my a muse.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 2 2014, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You'll get no argument from me that McCartney is a genius ...

klasaine
That doesn't negate how great a song it is or how Awesome sir Paul is.
But music isn't some black art. It's f'ng hard work. Paul (and the Beatles) kick ass because they worked their collective butts off for many years to be so awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.