Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beginner's Corner 25: Alternate Picking
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Rhida
Original lesson: Beginner's Corner 25: Alternate Picking by Bear Rose

So guys here's may take on this one. Challenges I faced with this lesson constant alternate picking stamina timing play as relaxed as possible As usual thanks for your feedback

Cosmin Lupu
Hey buddy smile.gif

It's great to see that you are posting takes so often! After watching your take, here are my thoughts about what you should work on to manage to bring this one into a nice shape:

Timing - you are rushing constantly throughout all the take, mate. My suggestion here, would be to record against the original take in order to observe where you tend to rush and also, to work on your stamina - playing at a constant tempo, usually requires relaxation and attention to what is being played so that you may always have a good timing and groove.

I think that things will be far better once you record against the original and why not, send me a take in a PM - I'd be glad to help out smile.gif

All the best,

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Rhida! I'm here just grading! You have my feedback at Gab's Army thread. wink.gif
Ben Higgins
Hi dude. Your picking motion looks good.. nice and relaxed.

The key issue here is timing. As Cosmin said, you're WAAAAY in front of the beat here, you're rushing too much.

Try to remain conscious of the 1,2,3,4 count on the backing track and synch your movements up with that.

As I pointed out in your other REC take, you move your fingers slightly too early before the next note. Fretting hand and picking hand need to work together so that you will be picking the note at the same time as the finger hits the next note.
Fran
Almost there, 6.3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.