Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Megabucker Wiring Mod?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Mertay
http://duhvoodooman.com/musical/humbucker_...cker_mods_2.htm

I didn't know the switch middle position made both PU's parallel working together. According to this, with a push/pull switch they can work in series and produce a very strong signal.

Just curious if anybody tried this here?
klasaine
It's strong but you'll find that it's also heavy on the mids.

That's a very common 'boost' mod on strats, teles and jazzmasters (or any other single coil guitar) because the single coils naturally have less midrange. I personally don't really dig the tone of pickups in series on any guitar or with any pkup combination - too dull for me. Higher ohms pots will help a bit.
Mertay
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 2 2015, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's strong but you'll find that it's also heavy on the mids.

That's a very common 'boost' mod on strats, teles and jazzmasters (or any other single coil guitar) because the single coils naturally have less midrange. I personally don't really dig the tone of pickups in series on any guitar or with any pkup combination - too dull for me. Higher ohms pots will help a bit.

Makes sense, probably useful for only extreme metal sort of stuff I guess. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.