Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Ear Monitors
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Tharn
Hi all-- it has come to a point where my tinnitus has been acting up more than normal...I am going to try and use in ear monitors because
I cant take the percussive pounding of drums from 5 feet away.
I know it will take some getting used to.. anyone here use them? do you prefer them now ? I guess ill have to see how it sounds but I think it will give me a very different feel to the sounds on stage. most of all-- will it help cut the slam factor if I have the ear buds inserted properly... or will I get the same thing by having to turn that volume up as well?

thanks.
Bogdan Radovic
I don't have the personal experience of using in ear monitors but I heard that good ones are designed in such a way to block outside noise so that should potentially help you with tinnitus issues if you don't turn up the volume too loud. You'd need to have someone on stage make a special mix for you that will be sent up your ear monitors with levels of instruments you prefer. Friends say it is a bit weird at first but once you get used to them, you don't want to go back. I like to use ear plugs when playing rehearsals, but they seem to cut some frequencies away which really takes away from enjoyment. It is very important to save ears as once you damage them, there is no way back sad.gif

Looking forward to hearing what others that have a first hand experience have to share about using in ear monitoring on stage and on rehearsals? smile.gif
Tharn
Thanks Bogdan,
I suppose I'll find out soon enough- the in ear volume is what I am worried about as well.
Darius Wave
I was going through the topic lately (looking for one ...for my father). I did a detailed research. Most of my friends actually using those systems at a professional level say it's not worth spend any money on something below Sennheiser EW300 G3. It's all about the range, unpleasant compression and frequency response in those below. They say...unacceptable.
PosterBoy
We've been looking into IEM for our worship team to bring stage volume right down and make it more controllable. One important piece of the puzzle I've been advised to do is, add some ambient mics to pick up the sound of the room, it can apparently feel very isolating and disconnected without them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.