Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Take 2: Linear Shred Zone
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Huargo
Original lesson: Linear Shred Zone by Ben Higgins

Hi Second take of this lesson :) Still working :)

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=52451
Ben Higgins
Hi David, wow it's great to see you working on this one again smile.gif

I watched the previous take for reference first.. this is a definite improvement.

The co-ordination between your hands is so much better now, they're working together.

The only thing which makes it less than perfect is when you're climbing up the high E string at around 0:17. The occasional note is missing because you're already shifting your hand in anticipation of the next shape smile.gif

But that's the only real 'problem'. Well done. Oh, and you're picking technique looks very efficient and relaxed btw !
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Huargo!

I can say that you are getting VERY close with this one! It's not an easy lesson because it requires fast alternate picking technique and there are some moments that you can do it great. I like your tone and the intensity of your picking, you just have to adjust even more your hands sync. Put all your focus on it, work at a slower tempo and increase it as soon as you note that your hands are totally in sync.

Congratulations on your hard work! This is very promising. smile.gif
Bogdan Radovic
Great job Huargo! I think that this is a passing take. You should focus on switching positions with your fretting hand smoother. This needs to be in perfect timing with the picking hand in order to sound smooth and to avoid any missed notes or noises. Another thing I'm noticing is that you focused a lot on the fast picking runs that you might have missed some details in the melodic slow phrasing parts in between. You haven't played those parts exactly as in the lesson when it comes to bends and vibrato which need more depth and sustain. Please check out those details as it is important to be able to switch energy from shred to ultra melodic playing.
Fran
Pass: 8.3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.