Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interface/control Surface
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR & PRODUCTION
Phil66
Hello everyone,
Is there anything on the market (UK) that does what THIS can do? Or maybe another solution using a separate interface and control surface.
I'm currently using one of those but fancy a change. rolleyes.gif
Cheers
Phil
Todd Simpson
Sure smile.gif The only limiting factor is price. So what's your budget?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 29 2015, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone,
Is there anything on the market (UK) that does what THIS can do? Or maybe another solution using a separate interface and control surface.
Cheers
Phil

Phil66
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 29 2015, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure smile.gif The only limiting factor is price. So what's your budget?

Around £400
Cheers
Phil
Todd Simpson
Well, that unit that you linked goes for about $200 used so why not just grab one? smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 29 2015, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone,
Cheers
Phil

Phil66
rolleyes.gif Todd laugh.gif
It said in my post I'm currently using one of those and I fancy a change wink.gif
The sliders are a bit sensitive as they don't have a long throw but I have looked around and can't find anything else that isn't overly complex so I think I'll stick with it and look for a second hand 7 string Ibz to add to the collection cool.gif
Thanks anyway. wink.gif
Phil66
Then again maybe something like THIS

I think I've go the "new gear bug" rolleyes.gif

Out of interest, and seeing as you're the resident Ibz guru; I always liked the R series. How does the JS100/600 etc compare to what the R used to be? Has there ever been a hardtail JS 7 string?

Cheers
Todd Simpson
huh.gif Ooops! I must have read right past that!! smile.gif

It seems like a fine interface smile.gif What about it don't you like?

I think you are making the right call saving for a new ibby! smile.gif If you can find an MIJ 7620 or MIJ 7420 in good shape, I'd say pick it up!! But they can get pricey. For a very fair price you can get a new non MIJ 7420 that is very similar. I've been impressed with the new 7420 among all of the new Ibby offerings. BEN HIGGINS has one so he can tell you more about it. Here is a link with info smile.gif About $499 U.S. street brand new. About $300 or so used which is a great buy smile.gif

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RG7...pOUMBoCibXw_wcB

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 6 2015, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rolleyes.gif Todd laugh.gif
It said in my post I'm currently using one of those and I fancy a change wink.gif
The sliders are a bit sensitive as they don't have a long throw but I have looked around and can't find anything else that isn't overly complex so I think I'll stick with it and look for a second hand 7 string Ibz to add to the collection cool.gif
Thanks anyway. wink.gif
Phil66
There's not much I don't like about it really, the sliders are a bit sensitive but that's about it. I think I've got changegearitus rolleyes.gif

Cheers
Todd Simpson
Hahahah, yeah smile.gif It happens to all of us! Let us know what you decide to buy next wink.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 6 2015, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's not much I don't like about it really, the sliders are a bit sensitive but that's about it. I think I've got changegearitus rolleyes.gif

Cheers
Phil66
Just ordered one of these. I know some people say the scale length is wrong for a 7 but the review below the pic says otherwise. Needed some retail therapy, lost a friend on Saturday so I bought this and will name it Bob after him.

Go to 00:45 to miss the madness.

Todd Simpson
Very sorry to hear about your loss sad.gif I'm sure he would like the idea of naming the Axe after him smile.gif

Personally, I prefer the standard scale length for 7 string guitars smile.gif Unless you are going to play pure DJENT, and down tune to drop Z, the standard scale is IMHO your best bet. Of course, some folks disagree but that's what makes life interesting. My Ibby Rg7620 is the best 7 I've ever played and it's standard scale.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 13 2015, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just ordered one of these. I know some people say the scale length is wrong for a 7 but the review below the pic says otherwise. Needed some retail therapy, lost a friend on Saturday so I bought this and will name it Bob after him.

Go to 00:45 to miss the madness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.