Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Record Looming
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > CHILL OUT
klasaine
Greetings all.

In January I recorded 8 tunes with Kendall Kay (drums), Mike Michael Alvidrez (upright bass) and Chris Christopher Guardino (electric piano). Most songs are 4-tet but a few are trio. For lack of a better label, it's a jazz guitar record. It was engineered and produced by Sheldon Gomberg at his Carriage House studio and mastered by Joe Gastwirt.

Here's one tune available on a Band Camp site ... https://kl4music1.bandcamp.com/track/ode-to-billie-joe-2

I'm still deciding on art as well as CDs, vinyl and digital only release options.
(I don't think I have the money to do vinyl)

Hope you like it! - KL
Todd Simpson
Super congrats!! Looking forward to it smile.gif That one track on bandcamp seems to feature one tom tom in mix for some reason but I like the guitar tone!

QUOTE (klasaine @ May 11 2015, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Greetings all.

In January I recorded 8 tunes with Kendall Kay (drums), Mike Michael Alvidrez (upright bass) and Chris Christopher Guardino (electric piano). Most songs are 4-tet but a few are trio. For lack of a better label, it's a jazz guitar record. It was engineered and produced by Sheldon Gomberg at his Carriage House studio and mastered by Joe Gastwirt.

Here's one tune available on a Band Camp site ... https://kl4music1.bandcamp.com/track/ode-to-billie-joe-2

I'm still deciding on art as well as CDs, vinyl and digital only release options.
(I don't think I have the money to do vinyl)

Hope you like it! - KL

Todd Simpson
I didn't realize how many folks had been making METAL covers of the HOFF tune but it's become a huge thing evidently! Here is one of them smile.gif

EDIT: boy did I mean to post this on another thread!

Kristofer Dahl
Brilliant!! Your phrasing is amazing - very Sco:ish. I love how you play around the beat - gives that realistic, 3D sound.

Inspired by you and Sco I am working on something similar in this moment. Thanks!
klasaine
Keep it here Todd. I dig the surreal element it adds (seriously!)

Thanks for the compliment Kris.
Todd Simpson
I'm with ya!! smile.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ May 12 2015, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep it here Todd. I dig the surreal element it adds (seriously!)

Thanks for the compliment Kris.

Darius Wave
Excellent performance Ken! smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
That's very cool! Congrats on the recording and your fantastic phrasing. Your tone and playing are so tasty. Very nice to hear.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.