Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roland Cube 30
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews
shredmandan
Wiki link
Lurgen
Nice review. I use the Roland Cube 60, and love it. It too suffers from the problem of limiting you to two effects at a time (one from each category) which is a little annoying. I grabbed the footswitches as well, which (as you say) should have come with the unit.
erik
Great amp, I've got the 60 watt version.
You can actually make your own footswitch tongue.gif just connect a guitar cable to a light switch and plug it in
shredmandan
QUOTE (erik @ Aug 2 2007, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great amp, I've got the 60 watt version.
You can actually make your own footswitch tongue.gif just connect a guitar cable to a light switch and plug it in

I didnt know they made a 60 watt version.Dude tell me alittle more about how you make that footswitch biggrin.gif
erik
You just take a guitar cable and cut off one of the plugs with a knife. Then inside the cable there is two smaller cables. It should be a light switch that you can step on, so not one of theese:

This works better:

Then you take the two cables from inside the guitar cable and connect them so that when the switch is on, the two cables are connected to eachother. If you dont know how to do that, just use trial and error. Or you can get someone to do it for you.

The one side of the switch should be pressed down all the time, so that it goes back to the position after you have pressed it. Just use a rubber band or something.

Then plug it into one of the footswtich inputs on the amp smile.gif
mattacuk
Great reveiw, I have the Roland 60 watt and its very good! smile.gif
TheReturnFC-Ibanez
I owned 30x cube which has some difference feature but sound is the same.
I feel this Amp is good to be with beginner. It contains 8 amps modeling which can make up beginner's mind up what they like. Personally, I love Mesa bookie!..

It contains 4+2 effects and indepent EQ.

This a good choices for beginners. Second hand would be fine it's quite cheap to get to your pathway!

QUOTE (erik @ Aug 6 2007, 03:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You just take a guitar cable and cut off one of the plugs with a knife. Then inside the cable there is two smaller cables. It should be a light switch that you can step on, so not one of theese:

This works better:

Then you take the two cables from inside the guitar cable and connect them so that when the switch is on, the two cables are connected to eachother. If you dont know how to do that, just use trial and error. Or you can get someone to do it for you.

The one side of the switch should be pressed down all the time, so that it goes back to the position after you have pressed it. Just use a rubber band or something.

Then plug it into one of the footswtich inputs on the amp smile.gif

I laughed when I saw the picture!

I will try out tomorrow dude!!
Moon Boots
I've got the Cube 30x and I love it to bits; the R-FIER model is absolutely fantastic for the heavy stuff that I play. The only thing is that most of the effects seem way too over powering even on the lower settings. But considering it's price I'd still have to give it a 9/10 though.
Toni Suominen
Great review, I have heard before that Cube's are great amps! smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Nice review man, it would be nice to have picture tough, but still very nice reviewed. Keep rockin' smile.gif
steve25
Good amp though i don't use it as much anymore. The metal sounds were good when i first got it however now that i've got a PODxt when i compare that to the amp sound it cannot compete at all but good for practicing.
Tomy Jeon
QUOTE (erik @ Aug 7 2007, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

biggrin.gif
BIGD2
I just have gotten a 30x and was wondering how to rig up a switch.......thanks Erik.

On the tech side does the switch need to keep the circuit closed (or open) for the switching to take effect or just make momentary contact?

Thanks........BD
Xranthoius
Aye, nice review man.
Ivan Milenkovic
QUOTE (TheReturnFC-Ibanez @ Sep 30 2007, 06:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I owned 30x cube which has some difference feature but sound is the same.
I feel this Amp is good to be with beginner. It contains 8 amps modeling which can make up beginner's mind up what they like. Personally, I love Mesa bookie!..

It contains 4+2 effects and indepent EQ.

This a good choices for beginners. Second hand would be fine it's quite cheap to get to your pathway!

I laughed when I saw the picture!

I will try out tomorrow dude!!

I used similar switch on my good ol' 30W Marshall laugh.gif those were the days biggrin.gif
erik
QUOTE (BIGD2 @ Mar 9 2008, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the tech side does the switch need to keep the circuit closed (or open) for the switching to take effect or just make momentary contact?

Thanks........BD

momentary contact
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.