Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4p1 On The Low E String
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
timbo81
So i've been practicing pull offs but am finding trying to do a pull of pretty much impossible in that position. I wasn't blessed with long pinkies so is it gradually going to stretch.

I know it's probably the most stretching you will ever do on a guitar due to the fret widths but I figure I might as well start off on the hard stuff
Pavel
Practice pinky as much as you can - using pinky is a very useful ability! The earlier you start doing it - the better! smile.gif
Hungus
Just stick to it dude. I dont think hand size matters very much because I have small hands and I can do a 5p1 quite comfortably. Just keep working hard at it. Also something I found that helped me to develope more flexible hands was to occasionally just put my fingers in a position which stretchs them alot and just hold that position for a couple of minutes.
shredmandan
Yeah dude
Just make it a goal to practice reaches and using your pinky.I will be honest if you never are able to use your pinky there will be all kinds of guitar parts you just wont be able to do and that would be a shame.Just remember if you want it bad enough and put the work into it you will get it. smile.gif

Shredmandan
FretDancer69
QUOTE (timbo81 @ Aug 9 2007, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So i've been practicing pull offs but am finding trying to do a pull of pretty much impossible in that position. I wasn't blessed with long pinkies so is it gradually going to stretch.

I know it's probably the most stretching you will ever do on a guitar due to the fret widths but I figure I might as well start off on the hard stuff

i would advice to use your pinky so you can start gaining Pinky Strength ASAP. But the finger next to the pinky, i only use pinky when the distance requires so. But practice pinky dude! The sooner the better!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.