Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Distortion Pedal Settings!
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Pavel Denisjuk
Pavel
I get asked this question pretty often so here it is:

Here are the settings (from 1 to 7):

LOW: 5
MID: 6.1
MID FREQ: 4
HIGH: 3
GAIN: 5
DISTORTION MODEL: 5

I plug it into my amp using OUT 2(MIXER). I have Marshall Valvestate AVT50 amp. So here are the settings of the amp (0-10):

BASS: 2
TREBLE: 8
(i don't have MIDDLE for the clean channel)

I hope you'll be able to get at least similar sound with those settings!

Enjoy it!
Kevin98497
sweet! thanks
Juan M. Valero
Yeah, great idea !!! I think I will upload some of my own POD XT presets biggrin.gif
shredmandan
Thats kinda odd to me.Using no Mids for clean and using them half way with distortrion.Im just the other way around i dont like them at all with distortion ,but use some on clean.Also i use alot of gain and high's
Pavel
It depends on your amp. Settings should be adjusted to amp. I am sure that if i plug in a different amp, i will have to change settings.
whammysam
Most guitar players keep info like this close to their chest.. Thanks for sharing with us!
Pavel
I don't see a reason why to keep it closed - anyone can come up with a good sound if they spend some time on it so you're welcome to use these settings if you like them smile.gif
Juan M. Valero
QUOTE (whammysam @ Jan 21 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most guitar players keep info like this close to their chest.. Thanks for sharing with us!

yeah, that's because they spend lot of hours in their tunes, so I think it's ok not to share all the info. Everyone must search his own tune but sometimes some info is important to help you.
Pavel
Anyone can come up with the same sound if you give him same gear and some time to play with it!

I love the sound of Luca Turilli but at the same time i don't want to change my current sound for his! Also - a big part of player's sound is in his fingers so even if you use same settings with your gear you won't be able to copy the sound wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.