Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sw-95 Wah (slash Wah) Issue
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > GEAR
Matt Capasso
Hello Gmc,

my concern is aimed at


recently i purchased the above at a local Samash store. I brought it home plug it in and loved the sound. But my issue is that the next day it wouldn't turn on. So i figured "hey maybe it was the batteries", so i changed them(i put in brand new batteries) and it started working. I take a break from melting the fretboard i come back and my pedal is off and wont turn back on. So my question is...does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening? Is this thing factory built as a battery killer, or is it just mine? Maybe something wrong with the hardware. My next step was to by an power cord but it would be a huge pain in the ass i think. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance,
Matt
Nick325
can u get an adapter for it? if not try going to the store and bring it with u and talk to the guy.

by the way im checking out this pedal. can u tell me about it? cool.gif
PacmanProductions
well i dont have a suggestion, but i was about to buy that last night and thought lemme look at some reviews first. so thanks for telling us about the 1) great sound and 2) stupid malfunctions.... tongue.gif
Andrew Cockburn
The batteries should last many hours - but leaving it plugged in usually would leave it switched on and you might be draining the batteries - always unplug the leads when it is not in use.
Ryan
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 6 2007, 04:42 AM) *
The batteries should last many hours - but leaving it plugged in usually would leave it switched on and you might be draining the batteries - always unplug the leads when it is not in use.

Yes, my pedals if i leave in all plugged up. It will drain the batteries really really quickly. Maybe 2 hours tops if its not in use!!
shredmandan
If you leave your guitar cables plugged into pedal,even if they are not coneected to anything it will drain battery's quickly.Also this pedal in my opinion is probably a battery Eater tongue.gif .Invest $10-15.00 and buy a 9volt adapter new or a used one on Ebay.The way your going with batteries you will spend that amount before you know it.I always recommend getting power supplies for pedal's if you use them often as there really just not meant for serious playing time on just a battery. wink.gif Sweet pedal by the way
tonymiro
Also with some pedals the sound quality can start to tail off as the battery runs down.

Cheers,
Tony
MickeM
You probably (as mentioned earlier in this thread) leave the cord plugged in. Jack out the guitar cord and the battery should last longer.

But, it seems with your pedals you have the same issue as I have with my Ibanez Weeping Demon, it's sucks a battery dry in no time. Get an adaptor for it!
I guess that short battery time comes with Wah's with bells and whistles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.