Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unique Techniques
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Wyvernx
I'd like to start a thread in which we can share some unique tricks, scales, and whatnot. For example when I started playing (not too long ago) I accidently made a artificial harmonic on an upstroke while using my right ring finger (I was still getting used to holding a pick, and I was holding it really tight like a pencil but my ring finger was right below the tip). and recently I have found I have found an easier and I think a little faster way of getting to and adjacent power chord. Normally you would slide the power chord shape to reach the next one a fret up or down. Instead of sliding, I hammer-on the power chord a fret up using my middle and pinky finger.
like this:
E-------5h6----
A-------7h8----
and instead of sliding down I switch the hammer-on to a pull-off
E-------6p5
A-------8p7
Well those are a few things I came up with, wether someone else came up with them before I apologize. So feel free to post your unique stuff! laugh.gif
Hungus
I dont get it man... that seems soo akward.
The Uncreator
Actually i do that alot smile.gif, its quite easy and it allows for smooth chord transitions.

I got the idea when i saw Dave Mustaine demonstrate the "Spider Technique".
DeepRoots
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 7 2007, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually i do that alot smile.gif, its quite easy and it allows for smooth chord transitions.

I got the idea when i saw Dave Mustaine demonstrate the "Spider Technique".

LOL mustaine thinks he is god for coming up with that technique...
Eat-Sleep-andJam
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Sep 7 2007, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL mustaine thinks he is god for coming up with that technique...

Mustaine thinks hes god regardless tongue.gif

- John
The Uncreator
Ive never heard him boast really....or at all, hes a really nice person, i respect him alot for being able to change his life around for the better.

He is one of my idols smile.gif
FretDancer69
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 7 2007, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive never heard him boast really....or at all, hes a really nice person, i respect him alot for being able to change his life around for the better.

He is one of my idols smile.gif

True that!!! Ive never seen him boast! And i agree with Uncreator! He deserves respect for being able to change his life and gives us good music cool.gif smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.