Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paul Gilbert And Improvising
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Pavel Denisjuk > Techniques Quest (Pavel)
jammer91
Paul gilbert. I heard of him before but saw his lesson now....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yZA4CkEbjY

I would like to improvise like him. How do i get started on that?

Do i just play the licks he used on any part of a scale box? But when i do this some notes have to extended and wouldnt fit into the box as it should (like if you were to use the 1st, 2nd and 4th finger you may have to adapt to using the 1st, 2nd and 3rd finger because theres a note gap in the scale box).

Basically how do you improvise using licks (could you give an example using a scale)?

Thanks again Pavel
Pavel
To improvise like him you need:

1. flawless technique
2. good ear
3. know his style of playing

And most important is....to be ABLE to improvise!
There is no book like: "Improvise like Paul Gilbert!" so nobody except you yourself can teach you to do it.

Listen how he creates his solos, learn his lick, mix them, learn his songs...and remember that if you want to play like him you will actually copy him so best way is to be inspired by him but put a lot of yourself in and create your own style/sound.

Have fun man! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.