Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Efficient Practice Routine
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Owen
Ok, so I have the next two weeks of 12 hour a day of freedom, literally nothing to do, so I've decided I'm going to not just laze around (like I normally do unsure.gif ) and I'm going to make an effort to pick up the guitar and learn as much as is possible for me to learn inside this two week period, only trouble is I have no idea where I should start, or how I should go about structuring my learning into something that is efficient.

Any ideas?
DeepRoots
QUOTE (Owen @ Oct 17 2007, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any ideas?

Lucky you!

Maybe i can suggest a one hour per day alternate picking workout (that i'm currently trying to follow):
Juan's alternate picking- 10mins
Muris alternate picking- 10mins
Pavel's Ionian Speedpicking- 10mins
Muris' upstroke focus lesson- 10mins
Muris' Speed Bursts Lesson- 10mins
and
Pavel's alternate picking 3 lesson- 10mins

That should wip your picking into shape for an hour a day! i'll let someone else suggest legato, theory, tapping etc...

DeepRoots
jammer91
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Oct 17 2007, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lucky you!

Maybe i can suggest a one hour per day alternate picking workout (that i'm currently trying to follow):
Juan's alternate picking- 10mins
Muris alternate picking- 10mins
Pavel's Ionian Speedpicking- 10mins
Muris' upstroke focus lesson- 10mins
Muris' Speed Bursts Lesson- 10mins
and
Pavel's alternate picking 3 lesson- 10mins

That should wip your picking into shape for an hour a day! i'll let someone else suggest legato, theory, tapping etc...

DeepRoots

OMG thanks a lot... Ive had a go at most lessons here but missed a few.

Also check out pavels ALT picking 4 lesson (hard for me as its high frets) and his legato lessons (boosted my picking speed as it gave me finger control).

Nice thread idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.