Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6-string Sweeps
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Pavel Denisjuk > Techniques Quest (Pavel)
FretDancer69
Hey Pavel, i was wondering if you could do a 6-String Sweeping Lesson that doesent contain big hand stretches?. Im really getting into them and id like to learn some really cool 6 string sweep licks and practice them alot. Do you think you could do a lesson on this?

Thanks.
smile.gif
Pavel
6-string sweeps are not used as often as 5-string and i am also working on learning those as they are 50000% more difficult than 5-string stuff so i will not make a lesson on those for now.
FretDancer69
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 17 2007, 02:15 PM) *
6-string sweeps are not used as often as 5-string and i am also working on learning those as they are 50000% more difficult than 5-string stuff so i will not make a lesson on those for now.

true, but i love how they sound tongue.gif wub.gif . Thanks anyway Pavel. smile.gif
Pavel
I think you can have LOADS of fun with 5-string shapes until 6-string shapes lesson arrives smile.gif
FretDancer69
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 17 2007, 09:56 PM) *
I think you can have LOADS of fun with 5-string shapes until 6-string shapes lesson arrives smile.gif

ill try tongue.gif biggrin.gif . The thing is, 5 string sweeps are the ones i practice most, id like to learn new 5 string shapes as well. Maybe a lesson on more 5-string sweep shapes? tongue.gif smile.gif
Pavel
How about trying to play some "comfortable" chord shapes using sweeping? Like diminished and 7th arpeggios?

I have loads of material coming so i guess sweeping will wait some time smile.gif
FretDancer69
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 17 2007, 10:28 PM) *
How about trying to play some "comfortable" chord shapes using sweeping? Like diminished and 7th arpeggios?

I have loads of material coming so i guess sweeping will wait some time smile.gif

sounds interesting and good. Ill look for some chord shapes. But i dont know what diminished 7th arpeggios are sad.gif unsure.gif ...

dont worry, i think i can survive a while without new sweepicking lessons.... tongue.gif laugh.gif mellow.gif unsure.gif rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.