Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Building Major Scales
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Pavel Denisjuk > Techniques Quest (Pavel)
Amunra4002
hey man. Ok i have the Minor penatonic scale down good, but i am ready to begin learning some other scales, i'm not too sure how you "build" a scale or scale boxes. Maybe you can point me in the right direction at least smile.gif

-Matt
Pavel
Visit Andrew's Theory Lessons sub-forum, there are some great lessons on scales, what they are, how to build a scale, major, minor and other scales...I think that's the right place for you to start! smile.gif
jammer91
QUOTE (Amunra4002 @ Oct 20 2007, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey man. Ok i have the Minor penatonic scale down good, but i am ready to begin learning some other scales, i'm not too sure how you "build" a scale or scale boxes. Maybe you can point me in the right direction at least smile.gif

-Matt

Also check out Pavels Ionian speedpicking lesson (it helps you memorise the 5 major scale boxes in the key of C in no time) smile.gif
Pavel
Actually it's 7 boxes wink.gif
Understudy
Does anyone have an on line resource that has all 7 boxes of the scales ? It would help many of us I'm sure smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.