Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heaven And Hell/iced Earth - Newcastle Metro Arena
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Concert Reviews
muntahunta
im going to see these tonight and i just couldnt wait to tell people.

i will be bringing back pictures and be writing a review....

.... woooo 6 hours to go!!!
Davidian
I saw Iced Earth on their last show of their headliner tour Friday.
Maybe I'll write a review.
muntahunta
ok, a quick review, will add more later + picks...

Iced earth - on at 7pm (really early in my opinion but what can ya do.)

I missed the first song due to thinking the doors opened at 7 like stated on the ticket.

they played until 7:30pm... 30 mins.... nowhere near enough for these guys although what i heard was amazing... even if it was a little quiet.

Lamb Of God - 45 min set.
Apart from one or two riffs that stood out, their entire set sounded like one long song. thats all ive got to say.

Heaven and Hell - REALLY long set.
ok, at first these guy's were immense! i loved them, but after the 20 min drum solo (im not exadurating) and the 15 min guitar solo... things did just blend together.

The entire night was a letdown in my eyes.

Pro's
Iced earths set was amazing (from what i seen)
The song Heaven And Hell... amazing chorus

Con's
Iced Earths extremly short set, they should have been second and played the 45 mins slot.
The song Heaven and hell.... as brilliant as the chorus and solos were... there was too many stops with just drums... lasted around 13 mins for that song.
Lamb Of God.
Soul_Decision
Lol at the Lamb of God being a con.
muntahunta
Lol at the Lamb of God being a con.

oh yea, and before anyone complains about me saying that. thats my opinion from last night. even using any excuse like "the sound was bad" they should not have been supporting Heaven And Hell.
However...
I would be willng to see them again if i didnt have to pay for it or if they played download and nothing else good was on just incase the sound was really that bad and im missing one of the best live acts ever... but i doubt it tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.