Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muris Just Wanted To Say
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Muris Varajic > Private (Muris)
Pages: 1, 2
shredmandan
hey Muris
I was wondering if you ever have considered moving to another country to try and make it big as a musician.Not saying your not now but maybe if you were in the USA or UK i think you could actually become a household name everywhere.

I watched a youtube video of you playing and like i said before stuff i hear from you always is getting better and better.Dude in that video you were ripping it up and honestly i think your actually better than many legends or guitar hero's today.I dont know if you make your living straight off guitar but man your just so great at it.

Tell me how you got this good(i know practice ofcourse) but what was your drive?Also did you have a teacher or just learn all this yourself?
Animosity
Yea Muris, you are amazing! If you ever want to move to the USA you can stay at my place.... and teach me guitar!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
Thanks a lot Dan,kind words indeed! smile.gif

Well I do plan to move somewhere in a while,this region isn't greatest place on Earth I suppose. wink.gif
Where and when...dunno...guess time will tell.
Mostly by myself with few instructional videos etc.
And lot of practice as you said. smile.gif
Looks like I have some luck being in that group of people that get motivation
after seeing or hearing some great player or playing in general.
Guess that has been my biggest drive ever,listening to great playing. smile.gif

QUOTE (Animosity @ Nov 13 2007, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea Muris, you are amazing! If you ever want to move to the USA you can stay at my place.... and teach me guitar!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah?? Thanks biggrin.gif

Gonna teach you how to swim as well laugh.gif
Chris Evans
I think whats really great about it is that you are able to motivate other people (me for one) with your playing, and encouragement to push us further.

That must be a big reward too I guess smile.gif

I`ve already said in another thread that moving to another country would surely boost your career to new levels.
The upside to that can only be great things for you and I wish and hope that happens for you biggrin.gif , the downside of course is that personally and selfishly I`d lose a great instructor sad.gif

Cheers
Chris
mattacuk
QUOTE (muris @ Nov 13 2007, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks a lot Dan,kind words indeed! smile.gif

Well I do plan to move somewhere in a while,this region isn't greatest place on Earth I suppose. wink.gif
Where and when...dunno...guess time will tell.
Mostly by myself with few instructional videos etc.
And lot of practice as you said. smile.gif
Looks like I have some luck being in that group of people that get motivation
after seeing or hearing some great player or playing in general.
Guess that has been my biggest drive ever,listening to great playing. smile.gif
Yeah?? Thanks biggrin.gif

Gonna teach you how to swim as well laugh.gif

I would just like to add that you stand out as a professional level player Muris ! I am sure you will go far. You have certainly become a heavy influcence of mine!
Muris Varajic
Thank you guys,I really proud that my work gives you a boost to go further!! smile.gif
Andrew Cockburn
Actually, Connecticut is very nice - great place, good access to to New York City, and an eager student waiting!
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 13 2007, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, Connecticut is very nice - great place, good access to to New York City, and an eager student waiting!

Hmm, I wish I could compete with that, something like ahh come to Kent, the Garden of England, but alas the truth is that its just pants sad.gif you win laugh.gif
TheClansmanDK
Muris, you will always be welcome in Denmark. I'll definitly take guitar lessons from you biggrin.gif
Andrew Cockburn
QUOTE (Smells @ Nov 13 2007, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I wish I could compete with that, something like ahh come to Kent, the Garden of England, but alas the truth is that its just pants sad.gif you win laugh.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Kent is pretty nice compared to some other parts of the UK though ... for instance Hemel Hempstead (where I used to live)
Muris Varajic
You guys are way too kind,
looks like I have many places to stay on the road! biggrin.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
Weather in Andalucia, Spain is good Muris particularly at the moment. Food is excellent as well wink.gif .

I can see a Muris World Tour coming on smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony
Muris Varajic
Thanks Tony,thanks so much. smile.gif

I'm just short with words atm,you just keep surprising me,all of you!!
Hemlok
When I move back to the city and you are touring in Australia there will be a spare room for ya smile.gif
Chris Evans
Well thats the US,UK,Spanish, Oz & Danish legs of the tour sorted smile.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Smells @ Nov 13 2007, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well thats the US,UK,Spanish, Oz & Danish legs of the tour sorted smile.gif

Looking forward to it guys,looking forward indeed!! smile.gif
WTN
QUOTE (Muris @ Nov 13 2007, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking forward to it guys,looking forward indeed!! smile.gif

If you ever come to Houston you can stay with us - I have a ton of vintage equipment - you will be in hog heaven. I can have a real drummer and bass player appear at will - with killer equipment ready to go.

Plus I could take you fishing, ride on jetski, ride in my Corvette - endless stuff. (and you could give me personal lessons)

Your talent needs advertising to the world....................................
Davidian
Belgian part of the Muris World Tour is arranged too biggrin.gif
You (and your guitar skills) rock!
shredmandan
I got you covered if you ever come to Tennessee smile.gif We can go watch all the country concerts in Nashville laugh.gif
Muris Varajic
ohmy.gif Thanks people,I'm repeating myself,I know!! smile.gif
Unleash-The-Shred
I live in Massachusetts, so when you come here you can stay at my place. biggrin.gif
Muris Varajic
Stop it for once guys,I just don't know where shall I go first!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
Batista
To Norway of course!
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Batista @ Nov 15 2007, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To Norway of course!

laugh.gif I KNEW this is coming laugh.gif
Batista
Haha laugh.gif

Well you don't find a better country in my opinion. And just two hours with a ferry over to Sweden to get CHEAP candy biggrin.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Batista @ Nov 15 2007, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha laugh.gif

Well you don't find a better country in my opinion. And just two hours with a ferry over to Sweden to get CHEAP candy biggrin.gif

Oh yeah,I have few relatives up in Norway,they have only nice words about the country. smile.gif
Chris Evans
Thing is, the first Country you go to, are we gunna let you leave!! muhahahahaha laugh.gif laugh.gif
Unleash-The-Shred
The U.S. sucks. But you may enjoy it.
Batista
QUOTE (Muris @ Nov 15 2007, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah,I have few relatives up in Norway,they have only nice words about the country. smile.gif

Do you? Cool. Do you have any idea where in Norway they live? It is almost only nice words to say about the country. A little hard to get world famous here I think, but except for that I don't have anything negative to say. The richest country in the world cool.gif
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (Batista @ Nov 15 2007, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you? Cool. Do you have any idea where in Norway they live? It is almost only nice words to say about the country. A little hard to get world famous here I think, but except for that I don't have anything negative to say. The richest country in the world cool.gif

I think in Oslo,and one of them is in Australia atm,studying or som.
Better be top in Norway instead of low rated world wide. wink.gif
Batista
Oslo ain't that far away from my place. One and a half hour driving, so if you visiting them sometime you gotta come here and visit me and teach me some guitar stuff biggrin.gif

Yeah that's true, but there are some worldwide known Norwegian bands though, like Turbonegro for instance.
WTN
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 14 2007, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why the hell would you say that. Explain yourself!!!
Muris Varajic
QUOTE (WTN @ Nov 15 2007, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why the hell would you say that. Explain yourself!!!

And now I'm scared sad.gif
shredmandan
QUOTE (Muris @ Nov 15 2007, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And now I'm scared sad.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 14 2007, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im curious too why you would say that huh.gif ?Doesnt make me mad just wonder if your from here and just dont like it.There's so much in the US to do.Sure some places such but there are many many great places aswell.Like Gibson Factory ect ect biggrin.gif
WTN
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 14 2007, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why don't you go to Bosnia and trade places with Muris. Don't post this crap - especially around veterans day.

QUOTE (WTN @ Nov 14 2007, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why don't you go to Bosnia and trade places with Muris. Don't post this crap - especially around veterans day.

The United States is the greatest country on this sorry world. If Muris was here he could fullfil his dream.
What's your dream?
shredmandan
QUOTE (WTN @ Nov 15 2007, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The United States is the greatest country on this sorry world. If Muris was here he could fullfil his dream.
What's your dream?

So i take it you or someone close to you is a veteran?All my family has been in the military.The U.S is a much greater place to live as to a 3rd world country and im happy here,although i do not like the way the people in charge are running are country.I think if the continue the USA wont be the best place to live.I will get back on topic now though,also i dont think that Unleash the Shred mean to affend anyone
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (WTN @ Nov 15 2007, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's your dream?

How are you going to say the U.S. is the greatest country in the world in front of all the people from other countries that use this site also?

I have my own thoughts about our country and I have reasons for it, and there is a thing called freedom of speech which allows me to state my opinion. So why don't you not tell me what to do.

And one more thing. Why are you asking me what my dreams are??? Why does it matter to you?

QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 15 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So i take it you or someone close to you is a veteran?All my family has been in the military.The U.S is a much greater place to live as to a 3rd world country and im happy here,although i do not like the way the people in charge are running are country.I think if the continue the USA wont be the best place to live.I will get back on topic now though,also i dont think that Unleash the Shred mean to affend anyone

Thats why I think the U.S. is lame. The government. Thank you for backing me up. At leased someone understands.
Muris Varajic
Ok fellows,I believe that we all love our countries and there's no point of talking like this to each other.
May I ask for canceling of fire? smile.gif
WTN
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 14 2007, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let him answer. So in the future this might not be the best place to live - where are you going? Yes I am way off of topic but someone cannot just post this and get away with it.
shredmandan
QUOTE (Muris @ Nov 15 2007, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok fellows,I believe that we all love our countries and there's no point of talking like this to each other.
May I ask for canceling of fire? smile.gif

Same here smile.gif
Its just opinions so we dont need to fight over it especially on a thread i made biggrin.gif
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (WTN @ Nov 15 2007, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let him answer. So in the future this might not be the best place to live - where are you going? Yes I am way off of topic but someone cannot just post this and get away with it.

I did answer...look a little bit up the page. rolleyes.gif
Muris Varajic
Ohh,please stop sad.gif
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (Muris @ Nov 15 2007, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh,please stop sad.gif

Ok, sorry Muris.
WTN
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 14 2007, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same here smile.gif
Its just opinions so we dont need to fight over it especially on a thread i made biggrin.gif

OK -no problem - let's talk guitar, which we all love. This is Muris's private stuff so lets leave it that way.
Unleash-The-Shred
QUOTE (WTN @ Nov 15 2007, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK -no problem - let's talk guitar, which we all love. This is Muris's private stuff so lets leave it that way.

I can agree to that.
Muris Varajic
It doesn't matter what topic is,me,you or guitar.
This is just NOT the way to talk in my opinion. smile.gif
shredmandan
OKl
Lets talk about that sweet studio that your in on some of your youtube videos.I've never really seen an answer ,is that your studio??
Muris Varajic
Great then smile.gif

No,it's not my own,it's a property of a good friend of mine and we work together there all the time.
My place is more like home studio,basic kit to get instrumental work done,which is mostly that I do. smile.gif
And when I'm into larger project that needs vocal,miced stuff etc,I simply rent full-pro studio
or I sneak into one on the videos,for free of course. biggrin.gif
WTN
QUOTE (Muris @ Nov 14 2007, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't matter what topic is,me,you or guitar.
This is just NOT the way to talk in my opinion. smile.gif

Final question - If you had one country in the entire world to live in what would it be?
Saoirse O'Shea
Apologies Muris I missed the start of the shouting - so I'm a bit late to the party.

Nonetheless - guys remember that first you are on an instructors forum so have the courtesy to show them respect - one way is not to turn their forums in to shouting matches. I don't think Muris or any Instructor wants their forum turned in to a flame war.

Again apologies Muris for doing my Moderator bit on your forum.

Cheers,
Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.