Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help With Setup...
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Recording
Anastasio123
So I downloaded reaper and have an amp to amplify my guitar, but I don't understand what I need to be able to play my guitar and have it directly flow into reaper. I have a Dell XPS so expect all the obvious plug ins are there. What I really need to know is what cords I need and where I have to plug them in so that I can get going with this.

If pictures are needed to better assess this problem (which I'm sure they are) don't hesitate to tell me before we get anywhere with this.

Thanks
-Tom
Muris Varajic
You need to get your sound into PC.
There are 2 ways:
-lined or direct if you have some line output from the amp
-miced

But it all depends of your audio card and its inputs.
We need more details. smile.gif
Saoirse O'Shea
As Muris says - if you can attach a photo of the inputs for the audio card/device or tell us the make and model Anastasio.

Cheers,
Tony
Alex Lewis
If I get reaper will I be able to use my toneport to record direct to it?

It runs on an asio interface?

May solve my recording problem for the metal collab? i.e allow me to import mp3's to record over?

Alex
Andrew Cockburn
Yes, that should work smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
@Anastasio123
You forgot to mention what sound card do you have? DO you have an DI OUT on you amp? Please answer this and we will be glad to help you.

@Alex Lewis
Toneport IS an guitar and mic recording interface and yes it has a decent ASIO driver. I use it myself for online jamming with friends and pilot project making - even as my audio card on my PC. You should have no problem connecting and recording your gutiar to PC with that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.