Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lesson Suggestions
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Constie
I thought about some bands with a unique styl (okay that's a matter of taste in some cases) that are missing in here.

That's the result:

Hellacopters
In Flames
Children of Bodom
Rammstein
Queen
(AC/DC)
Billy Talent <- maybe a little bit too mainstream for you guys?!

...to be continued tongue.gif
DeepRoots
QUOTE (Constie @ Nov 16 2007, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm quite interested in their unique sound actually smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
Agreed - all of those would be cool! smile.gif
Muris Varajic
At knowledge. cool.gif
Constie
Well I analyzed the "hellacopters-style" some time ago, and wrote a song that sounds like one of theirs
( blink.gif Actually that was the first song I ever wrote, but it still seems like a good one to me [edit: wow about 2 years ago]).
But I'm far away from doing a lesson sad.gif biggrin.gif
botoxfox
QUOTE (Constie @ Nov 16 2007, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes wink.gif
ZakkWylde
I think we need cliche-lick-lessons for every style (so far we only have rock-cliche-licks made by David)
Batista
I think a "In the style of AFI" would be cool, but that's maby just because im the worlds biggest AFI fan. rolleyes.gif

But actually, their music from the two newest albums are pretty cool guitar wise too. There aren't any sick shredding runs or anything, but the music is fun to play and it ain't just power chords. The guitarist Jade Puget is good at making cool rhythms and is good to mix power chords and lead play.
Gabriel Leopardi
Great! Those are great suggestions! I like very much many of these bands. I'll have it in mind. wink.gif

gabriel.-
Constie
I'm curious about it wink.gif
SLASH91
QUOTE (Constie @ Nov 16 2007, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought about some bands with a unique styl (okay that's a matter of taste in some cases) that are missing in here.

Children of Bodom

That'd be awesome cool.gif
man0mule
correct me if i'm wrong but i can't seem to find any Hendrix style lessons here. Closest we seem to have is the SRV lesson by Muris (which i love and am currently working on.)

Hendrix was single guitarist that made me want to pick up the instrument. I was in 6th grade i think. Came home from school to my parents watching a video of Hendrix playing at woodstock. After watching it i went up and got my mom's acoustic out of the closet and havn't stopped playing yet.

Hendrix was a huge insperation to me.
besip
Rammstein
ruleeezzzzzzz cool.gif
Juan M. Valero
Well I think Queen haven't a unique styl, Queen have SOME unique styles laugh.gif It's amazing how they can do very different songs !!!

(Children of Bodom rules biggrin.gif)
mattacuk
Queen rule for sure cool.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Comming up in the style of.. ACDC and hendrix.. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.