Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Circular Vibrato
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Zephyr
I recently learning about this technique, apparently it's a cross between classical vibrato, pushing the string forward or backwards, and rock bending, bending the string up and down. Basically, you gently puch the string back and forth while you bend it up and down slightly. Steve Vai uses this often, For the Love of God is a good example.

Anyways, I just thought it was pretty interesting, it's incredibly difficult for me, though. unsure.gif
Anybody ever hear of this technique, or have any tips on mastering it?
The Uncreator
i learned it by watching Steve Vai Live at Astoria over and over actually, i got pretty good at it, dont know if im doing it 100% right though, best thing to do is practice with your strongest fingers first, and then repeat your normal vibrato so you make sure the sound is different, the circular vibrato has a "Traveling" sound, if you know what i mean.

you know what, you should request a lesson on this wink.gif
Zephyr
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 19 2007, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i learned it by watching Steve Vai Live at Astoria over and over actually, i got pretty good at it, dont know if im doing it 100% right though, best thing to do is practice with your strongest fingers first, and then repeat your normal vibrato so you make sure the sound is different, the circular vibrato has a "Traveling" sound, if you know what i mean.

you know what, you should request a lesson on this wink.gif

Great idea, just posted a request! biggrin.gif

Maybe I should go out and get that DVD... I've been thinking about getting it anyways, how is it? What songs are on it?
Muris Varajic
There isn't big difference is sound between regular and this "circular" vibrato,in my opinion.
This circular looks "cooler",that's for sure. wink.gif
You can get same sound with regular vibrato with adjusting right timing and volume of vibrato.
mattacuk
I must admit, it does look awsome when Vai does it. But im working on Muris Varajic Vibrato myself wink.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Combination of different vibrato technique - flashy cool.gif
Juan M. Valero
I tried to do the circular vibrato but it doesn't work for me, I prefer my "normal" vibrato, but circular looks cooler (as Muris sai)

IMO I can obtain the same sound with circular than with normal vibrato.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.