Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lesson Request
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > Luciana Segovia (Singing Instructor)
Vinod Saranga
Hi Luciana smile.gif

Can you do a lesson on how to do falseto and how to apply it in songs?

Can I send you a song in which there is a technique that I want to master? I want to get understood of how to do that.

Thank you very much.
Luciana Segovia
QUOTE (Vinod @ Nov 20 2007, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Luciana smile.gif

Can you do a lesson on how to do falseto and how to apply it in songs?

Can I send you a song in which there is a technique that I want to master? I want to get understood of how to do that.

Thank you very much.

Hi Vinod!

No problem... I'll do a lesson on how to do the falseto wink.gif . but tell me what song do you want to sing or post it here..
Vinod Saranga
It's a Srilankan song,and you might not familiar with the lyrics,but I want to just get the technique.thank you.
bricktop
I'd also like to see a lesson on going into falsetto without breaking up. There's a song I'm learning by
John Mayer called "Clarity", I'll post the link below. Quite early in the song the verse has some "woohoo's" that are in falsetto. When he does all the "woohoo's", I have some trouble reaching pitch and having some power behind it, but I think it would be a good practice to work on falsetto. I can play the song on guitar but would really like to be able to sing it well!

Thanks!

John

John Mayer "Clarity" Acoustic
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WLgKNjI4f_I

After writing this I figured out the notes he sings in falsetto based on the chord fragment. Can I just practice singing falsetto over the note(s)? For instance the first woooo is a d note (g string 7th fret), the next wooo is over an A (5th fret high e string), the last real high wooo is over a C# (9th fret high e) which the vocals lower back to the A. Does that make sense??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.