Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Korg Pandora Power Supply
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Wiki and Reviews > Gear Reviews
WTN
I was checking around on the internet for a power supply for the Korg Pandora PX4D. Anyway, sweetwater.com has them for $7.95 and free shipping - you cannot beat this price. It's kind of confusing as to what model number you need for the PX4D, but this one works - it's a KA193. Output is DC 4.5V at 500ma. Positive is inside - negative outside with a 1.5mm ID and 3.3mm OD. I was going to build my own, but this connector size is just about impossible to find here in Houston.
Andrew Cockburn
Good advice for Pandora users - $7.95 seems really cheap, Is that a Korg genuine PSU or a generic adapter ? (not that it matters, I'm all for saving money but I would expect a Korg part to be a bit more pricey because of the name!)
WTN
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Dec 1 2007, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good advice for Pandora users - $7.95 seems really cheap, Is that a Korg genuine PSU or a generic adapter ? (not that it matters, I'm all for saving money but I would expect a Korg part to be a bit more pricey because of the name!)

Yep - It's a Korg power supply (of course made in china). It's got the KORG name all over the box. I was surprised also, I could not make one for this price.
Andrew Cockburn
Wow - I recently bought a power supply for my (extremely elderly) Quadraverb GT and it cost about $50 I think - I'm sure the specs were pretty similar to the one you mentioned. I guess Korg are a kinder manufacturer than Alesis!
Saoirse O'Shea
Nice spot WTN - save people from eating up bundles of cash replacing their batteries and a 8USD psu will soon pay for itself smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony
Muris Varajic
Just saw the thread,sorry for delay. smile.gif

This is how I managed this.
I got regular adapter,matched voltage,mA etc,then I got that jack(here its called Sony jack blink.gif )
with yellow line on it.
Gave it to el, tech. to wire it and that's all.
So the main deal is to find the jack/connector.
As I said,has yellow line,called Sony jack as well,google it or som,hope this helps. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.