Hey Muris.

I'm a new new member here in GMC and i have question for you. I've been having trouble lately about how to mute the b-string properly if i play the high e. I've therefore been trying several picking techniques with the right and i have found Paul Gilberts method pretty good. His pickinghand seems kind of tensed and i've tried to do this as well and i don't know if he does it to stretch his palm so the skin of the palm is more firm and therefore it easier to mute. Because when i do that then at the edge of the palm where the pinky starts there (the red mark on the picture) there is an angel where the string i wanna play is and the other strings are completely muted because the palm is so firm. But the problem is that the hand gets kind of tensed up but it is the only way i think works best for me. Especially with string skipping licks.

I saw your your alternate picking lesson and i saw that your picking hand sometimes reminded about his in the way your littlefinger was - kind of pointing away from the other fingers of the picking hand.

I wonder if you kind of doing the same thing I do or if not how do you mute the b-string properly. I really want to be able to mute the all of the strings if i'm playing the high e without muting with the left hand.

So i just wanted some advice from you about how you mute the strings and especially the b-string because it's there my problem lies.

I'm sorry for my very bad english but i hope you understand my problem. I'm kind of loosing the lust to play, but if I could get some advice or maybe a videolesson about how to properly mute the guitar strings to avoid noise, I would really appreciate it - Thanks you very much i advance!