Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dillinger Escape Plan
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Bands and Guitarists
ThatGuy
Does anyone in this nice and large community called GMC like Dillinger?
They are definitely one of my favorite bands.
VinceG
I use to like em but ehh times have changed. I've always liked the song 43% Burnt.

Ms. Machine was a terrible album btw.

Oh yea is your name a reference to the 80's guy from Futurama who uses the theme of safety dance, "That Guy"?
Toni Suominen
I like some of their songs, but usually they are just too "chaotic" for my taste smile.gif I haven't checked out the new album yet, maybe I'll like it better than their earlier material smile.gif
ThatGuy
Yes it is a reference to the 80s guy from Futurama.
VinceG
haha awesome! I love That Guy.

Oh yea don't forget the final Futurama Marathon on Adult Swim airs at Dec 26 at 11 pm. I hope they won't stop airing Futurama altogether. I would be depressed. Its the only thing that makes midnight cartoons worthwhile.
Kristofer Dahl
I have heard alot about them - but haven't checked them out yet!
FretDancer69
i like their song "Unretrofied" tongue.gif biggrin.gif
ThatGuy
Unretrofied is a good song. But their real skill is in their heavy 'hardcore' songs. They like to use odd time signatures a LOT. They have a lot of jazz influence too. Listen to Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants
Existenz
DEP are a great band very energetic and i don't think i have heard anything by them that i don't like, i'm not a huge fan of them getting softer as they get more success but i guess catering to the needs of all the band members can do that, overall i love this band.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.