Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: **Acid Spill**
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > GMC Virtual Bands
Chris Evans
Use this board to upload your tracks, takes etc
David.C.Bond
Here's the file with the parts for you to learn guys, I've marked which track is yours, we can rotate duties next song! If you don't like (or are struggling with) your part give me a shout, no problem!

Click to view attachment

Alex are you going to be able to make the drum file or do you want me to? The midi file seems pretty exact so you can probably just import that, and send it through some drum VST.

Also, we still have no bassist so if we don't pick one up soon I can always record the bass part aswel, unless one of you two wants to?

David

ps You'll need Winrar to unzip it!
Toni Suominen
Ok man, I can probably do my part sometime this week, if that's ok smile.gif
David.C.Bond
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Dec 16 2007, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok man, I can probably do my part sometime this week, if that's ok smile.gif

Thats awesome man, just post it on here when your done! Either Alex or myself will post the drum track on here asap!
Alex Lewis
My drum track software is very basic so if you could do the drum track that would be great mate

I can do bass mate to save you the hassle but totally up to you?
David.C.Bond
No worries man, I'll post a drum track on here tonight!
Yeah sure do thebass if you want, I wouldn't be able to do it til the weekend anyway beacuase I'm at my parents house for the week and only have my guitar with me, not the bass.

Ps Dude, you've got the wrong banner on your sig, that ones got my name on it wink.gif
David.C.Bond
Ok guys heres the drum part!
Since we all have Line 6 equipment (Alex and myself have TP UX2 and Toni has Pod XT), it might be useful if we decide on a rhythm patch that you two are both gonna use, so it sounds consistent. When the rhythm parts are recorded, I can shape my lead tone around them!

I've got a patch here that I made based on COB's guitar sound on Are you dead yet. If you guys like that then use it, if you have another patch you prefer, use that, just as long as you decide between you which patch your gonna use, and use the same one. smile.gif

David

Click to view attachment
David.C.Bond
Hey guys, I just realised when listening to the drum part that theres a really weird bit where its kind of riding on the splash cymbal, no idea how I didn't notice that before, so I'll upload another version tonight some time. If you've already started recoridng with that track, don't worry because I can just swap the two around.

Oh and Toni, when it gets to your unaccompanied palm mute chug buildup some time after the second chorus, I've put a hi hat on beat 1 of each bar just for timing, I'll delete it when we've done recording. Also don't let the cymbal stab put you off, its supposed to be on the second beat of the given bar!

David
Toni Suominen
QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Dec 18 2007, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys, I just realised when listening to the drum part that theres a really weird bit where its kind of riding on the splash cymbal, no idea how I didn't notice that before, so I'll upload another version tonight some time. If you've already started recoridng with that track, don't worry because I can just swap the two around.

Oh and Toni, when it gets to your unaccompanied palm mute chug buildup some time after the second chorus, I've put a hi hat on beat 1 of each bar just for timing, I'll delete it when we've done recording. Also don't let the cymbal stab put you off, its supposed to be on the second beat of the given bar!

David

Ok David, thanks for the info dude! smile.gif
David.C.Bond
Ok heres the updated drum file guys!

Click to view attachment
David.C.Bond
Anyone got any takes for me yet?
Alex Lewis
Sorry mate been havin a nightmare internet has been down and I've mainly been concentrating on mixing the still in progress metal collab will do it as soon as possible but with xmas so close might be thursday night before I get a chance to do a proper take for you sorry dude
David.C.Bond
No worries man!
Look forward to hearing it, when you get round to it smile.gif
Toni Suominen
Yeah, I have been busy aswell, but I will try and do my take this week
David.C.Bond
Any recordings for me guys?
Sircraigery
QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Jan 8 2008, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any recordings for me guys?

Can anyone make a track for this? Or do you have some defined band members?..Cuz I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Sircraigery @ Mar 29 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can anyone make a track for this? Or do you have some defined band members?..Cuz I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

hi mate, I`ve sent you a PM regarding this smile.gif

thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.