Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heavy Metal For Beginners Lesson 1
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > Ask an Instructor > More instructors > Pavel Denisjuk > Techniques Quest (Pavel)
skennington
whatever works I guess! Keep the lessons coming man! It was just a question on barre chords but I figured it out.

thanks,
Steve
Pavel
Ok! Anyway you could leave the question here so others could see it - maybe somebody else has same question wink.gif

I'm glad you got it solved smile.gif
skennington
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 16 2007, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok! Anyway you could leave the question here so others could see it - maybe somebody else has same question wink.gif

I'm glad you got it solved smile.gif

Will Do! What I was asking Do you think it is bad learning to barre the A and D string with pinky in basic power chord, as oposed to using your ring finger and pinky? I figured there was a time and place for both methods so I'm just practicing doing both.
Pavel
Well, i never fret 2 strings with pinky so in my point of view it's not too good. Also, it's not too comfortable and can result in bad fretting and of course bad sound . like dampening or buzz or something else. Michale Angelo and Rusty Cooley advise to stay away from fretting more than 1 string with one finger at a time.
skennington
Think I'll take your advice and do it the rite way from the beginning. Thanks again Pavel, keep the lessons coming!

-Steve
Gerald
I also have a question on the heavy metal 1 lesson. Is the chords played as quarter notes? I set the bpm to 120 on my metronome and had some challenges keeping time. I wasn't sure what the value was of each chord.

thanks!
Pavel
Don't you have the Guitar Pro? It would help you a bunch if you could see the notation smile.gif
Gerald
I have GP - do you have the tabs for GP? Or can I import them via a text file? I have GP, but not very familar with it at the moment.
Pavel
I provide GP5 tab for every lesson smile.gif

http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-g...b/guitarpro.gp5

There you go m8! smile.gif
Gerald
Ahh I didn't notice that! Thanks. = )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.