Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battle Of The Bands?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > VINTAGE GMC > Community Activities and Tutorials > GMC Virtual Bands
David.C.Bond
Ok I just had this idea, see what you guys think. After all the bands have released one song and are a bit more experienced, it could be fun to have a battle of the bands!
My idea is that we basically set a date (say Feb-March or something) and on the date set, each band submits a set (of a few original songs and covers) previously unheard by any other GMC members, and the GMC forum can vote in a poll open for say 24 hours whos set should win!

There could be some form of prize but I don't know what. Anyone like that idea?
Nick325
i like that idea but the bands are different levels so the more advanced bands would win unless there was a contest for each level
Rated Htr
I like the idea except for two things: the bands are from different levels of playing, so you can't expect to have a battle between, beginners, inter, and pros...Also, it might be more difficult for people to come up with original stuff, only thing I see possible for all is to add their own style to the covers that are done.
Chris Evans
i think this may be something to work towards later on when there are some more bands (hopefully we will get some more going later on smile.gif ) I`d also think we`d need to put it in catorgories too, Beginners, Inters and advanced, I wouldnt want to discourage anyone if you see what I mean by pitting advanced against begginers, but would be a great goal to work towards for sure.
Iluha
It's a great idea, but will only work once there are more bands, so like others said, we could categorize by level, so I think feb-march will probably be too early
Bondy
Great idea like smells said somthing for the future when the noobs like me get a bit more experienced it would hardly be fair begginers against pros
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Bondy @ Dec 17 2007, 10:59 AM) *
Great idea like smells said somthing for the future when the noobs like me get a bit more experienced it would hardly be fair begginers against pros

no ones "noobs" laugh.gif I prefer "less experienced" wink.gif
Bondy
Lol iam a noob i dont see it as a insult its better than crap
Chris Evans
QUOTE (Bondy @ Dec 17 2007, 11:40 AM) *
Lol iam a noob i dont see it as a insult its better than crap

laugh.gif laugh.gif totally
JVM
Definitely a cool idea for when there's more bands, good idea Mr. Bond tongue.gif
AliMo
ya I posted a similar idea in the suggestion thread a couple days ago............

here it is just to let everyone here know what I have in mind so people can throw their ideas around

" I've got a suggestion that might be fun to do after we get the ball rolling a little more. Maybe have a battle of the bands type of thing with awards given out in different categories. Some categories could be... Best Cover, Best Original Song, Best Solo, Most Listened To, and anything else people can think of. Prizes could be things such as a trophy avatar, maybe a mention on the front page, or even a lesson of their song by an instructor or a GMC t shirt and other stuff. This will bring a type of friendly-competitive feel to the bands and will definitely encourage more band activity and maybe some more bands to pop up. I can't think of anything else so if anyone likes the idea and has something to add feel free."

Basically smells said the same thing as he did here, to wait a little. I understand that letting the bands progress a little more and maybe waiting for some more to start up will make this competition a lot more fun. So lets wait and see what happens
Xranthoius
Xranthoius agrees too!!!
muntahunta
i'd be up for this if i could be in all the bands... so im guarenteed to win tongue.gif
g-forcelover
I would like to have a battle of the bands. beg, inter, and pro levels are good, but if we have to write our own music, if one band had a member over the level, then they would have a way better chance of winning, seeing that one member could produce something way above the other bands in the level, and give it a better chance to win.
Chris Evans
Yup that is a valid point, the battle of the bands is a good idea, it`ll need some planning to get the structure of it right and to make it as "fair" as possible, again its not something that I think we can introduce until we have some more bands at various levels smile.gif
Xranthoius
I totally agree with Smells.
stratman33
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 21 2007, 08:25 AM) *
Yup that is a valid point, the battle of the bands is a good idea, it`ll need some planning to get the structure of it right and to make it as "fair" as possible, again its not something that I think we can introduce until we have some more bands at various levels smile.gif

agreed.
at lights end
All agreed say 'aye!'

aye! biggrin.gif tongue.gif
David Wallimann
Great idea!!! Let's ive it a try!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.