Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In The Style Of: Def Leppard
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
lefty01
Hi all. I am a HUGE fan of Def Leppard. Was wondering if anyone else would like to see a Def Leppard lesson on here??? Sure you would!! biggrin.gif
C'mon fellow GMC'ers! Who's with me??? smile.gif
Chris Evans
Yea I love Def Leppard, the other guitarist in my band and I had a go at writing and recording a Def Leppard style song a while back, have a listen if ya like, trouble is Def Leppard are so "produced" hundreds of vocal tracks and guitar tracks going on to give them that sound. smile.gif

But yea I`d like to see one too smile.gif

Click to view attachment
lefty01
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 18 2007, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea I love Def Leppard, the other guitarist in my band and I had a go at writing and recording a Def Leppard style song a while back, have a listen if ya like, trouble is Def Leppard are so "produced" hundreds of vocal tracks and guitar tracks going on to give them that sound. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

WOW! Great track. I can actually hear that being on thier new cd...no joke. Very cool.
You are right about being so over produced. I saw them live a few years ago, but on a few songs "something" was missing. I guess it is hard to reproduce (live), something that has like 10 guitar parts on it. Don't get me wrong..great show, they still rocked. tongue.gif
kahall
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 18 2007, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Click to view attachment

I have seen Def Leppard live more than any other band. I think the music is kind of simple, pop rock? if you will but their concerts are lots of fun.

Oh yeah, I like the track very much.
shellshock1911
Gabriel's open chord rock rhythm and solo lessons are kinda Def Leppard style
Zephyr
Hmm, I saw them live with Journey. It was a pretty cool concert, very energetic!
Bulletproof
What has 9 arms and sucks......Def Leppard. LOL...just kidding. I honestly think that the drummer is amazing only using one arm...imagine if it was the guitarist that lost his arm? I would deff. like a Def Leppard in style of lesson. Since they have many different aspects to their music it will be easy to pick a song that suits their style to copy from smile.gif
Bondy
+1 for def leppard style
Chris Evans
QUOTE (lefty01 @ Dec 19 2007, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they still rocked. tongue.gif

I saw them "in the round" many years ago at Londons, Earls Court on the "Lets Get Rocked" tour, and yea they totally rocked, Viv Campbell is a fav guitarist of mine from the Dio days and I think Phil Collen is an underated guitarist too, yea they did "ROCK"! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.