Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Touch The Strings Above The One You Are Playing With Your Index Finger Og Might With Other Fingers?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
Michael C
Do you touch the strings above the one you are playing with your index finger og might with other fingers?

If so why do you do it ?

smile.gif

Greetings

Michael
Xranthoius
I'm sorry i don't understand your question, could you elaborate a bit more please? smile.gif
Gen
QUOTE (Michael C @ Dec 23 2007, 04:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you touch the strings above the one you are playing with your index finger og might with other fingers?

If so why do you do it ?

smile.gif

Greetings

Michael

Well, i think i see what you mean, actually, i always touch (with my index finger, left hand) the string above the one im playing when i bend, its just to mute it, because it can get pretty noisy when doing bends/vibrato.
Hope it helps, if that's what you asked about. smile.gif
Michael C
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Dec 23 2007, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry i don't understand your question, could you elaborate a bit more please? smile.gif

Hmm you can use your index finger to mute the string above by slighty touching the string above smile.gif
Marcus Lavendell
QUOTE (Gen @ Dec 23 2007, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, i think i see what you mean, actually, i always touch (with my index finger, left hand) the string above the one im playing when i bend, its just to mute it, because it can get pretty noisy when doing bends/vibrato.
Hope it helps, if that's what you asked about. smile.gif

+1. That's what I do as well smile.gif
Ivan Milenkovic
Sure, because it is the simplest technique. You can mute other strings with other fingers as well, it depends on the part and players technique and choice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.