Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Full Songs?
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > PRACTICE ROOM
xucphra
What could you consider an easy song that a beginner could play in its entirety?

I mean, just so when I wanna show off my playing to my coworkers; I have more than just a short sequence of notes here and there.
smile.gif
FretDancer69
hmm Smoke In The Water laugh.gif , Sweet Child O'Mine and Stairway to Heaven are really common first songs for beginners
Ayen
Fade to Black, Orion, The Trooper, The Number of the Beast, all pretty easy songs.

Check out www.freelicks.net, there's a bunch of good things there.

Edit: Link fixed! Sorry about that guys!
xucphra
Those all seem like tough songs. I actually meant for someone who has only been playing for about 2 months. Or do you think I should be able to play those?
Dejan Farkas
House of the rising sun biggrin.gif
SLASH91
Welcome to the Jungle and Nothing else Matters are both pretty easy.
skennington
Check out www.freelicks.com, there's a bunch of good things there.

Man, he is right. Brought me to GMC! Learned Fade to Black . Been playing for 2 mo as well.
Ayen
Man, he is right. Brought me to GMC! Learned Fade to Black.

Me too!
FretDancer69
yeah, damn i forgot about that great website! Ayen is right, go to www.freelicks.net you'll find ALOT of COOL songs to play there, for FREE!! smile.gif
The Uncreator
Anything by The Misfits
Ivan Milenkovic
+1 for the Animals smile.gif
xucphra
Wow, thanks alot you guys. Just last night I learned House of the Rising Sun, Trooper, and Fade to Black!
They were much easier than I expected!
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Although I just found out that I'm not playing Trooper fast enough
stratman33
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Dec 22 2007, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm Smoke In The Water laugh.gif , Sweet Child O'Mine and Stairway to Heaven are really common first songs for beginners

theres no way a beginner of 2 months could play the FULL sweet child o'mine song, that solo isn't easy lol..stairway to heaven would probably put up a really big challenge for him as well.

EDIT:i didnt mean they were impossible, but i just meant that i highly doubt he could play those entire songs, if anybody misunderstood.and my suggestion would be Set it Off by Audioslave, it can be found on freelicks.net
Rodnator
Green Day, Good Riddance. Kansas, Dust in the wind. (Travis picking, a simple pattern repeated throughout with simple open chords) it looks and sound very impressive to everyone. and many many more.
StevieC
www.freelicks.net is excellent.

www.freelicks.com seems to direct you to a entirely different type of lick...
xucphra
I realized that last night
Tomy Jeon
Anything by Green Day isn't that tough.
Rated Htr
QUOTE (StevieC @ Dec 23 2007, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
www.freelicks.net is excellent.

www.freelicks.com seems to direct you to a entirely different type of lick...

Agree huh.gif

Anyways, Nothing Else Matters by Metallica is the base for most people...
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Yeah Freelicks.com is not guitar related :/

lol Ive made that mistake one to many times biggrin.gif
stratman33
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Dec 24 2007, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah Freelicks.com is not guitar related :/

lol Ive made that mistake one to many times biggrin.gif

+1
nickmarx12345678
I would suggest anything by green day or blink-182, they are pretty good for getting familier with power chords.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.