> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Vince09's Music Workouts, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2014, 02:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince! Welcome to our thread for Gab's Army where I will help you to design guitar plans to achieve your music goals.

At first I will share here your goals as reference:

"My guitar goals are to master at least 5 styles of music and start a band in the near future.I have a job that allows me to have a lot of free time so my main focus is to benefit and learn guitar at a high level.I can practice 5-6 hours per day and more in the week-end.As music styles I am attracted to blues and rock ballads but also metal is ok.My weakness is improvisation,i tried only 2 times but i left this idea after i saw that my fingers were like 1 km from the fretboard so i started to work and get my fingers closer and now everything it's ok.I would like to learn improvisation,rythm and ear training in the same time,day by day,so a practice skedule would be so nice."

So the current list is:

- Learning 5 music styles (Blues, Rock, Metal... )
- Start a band
- Learn to improvise
- Master Rhythm
- Ear training

Could you please give me some more info?

- Your favorite musicians and bands.
- What do you know about theory?
- Do you have any audio or video of you playing?
- Are you able to record videos of you playing?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Vince09
Jun 19 2014, 03:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Gab!It's so nice to be here,sorry for my late reply...i had to kill someone to get my laptop back wink.gif Let's get started...

- Your favorite musicians and bands.Eric Clapton,John Mayer,Slash,etc.
- What do you know about theory?I know only basic stuff like chords and scales.
- Do you have any audio or video of you playing?I don't have any videos of me playing guitar.
- Are you able to record videos of you playing?Yes i can record videos.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 19 2014, 03:44 PM) *
Hi Vince! Welcome to our thread for Gab's Army where I will help you to design guitar plans to achieve your music goals.

At first I will share here your goals as reference:

"My guitar goals are to master at least 5 styles of music and start a band in the near future.I have a job that allows me to have a lot of free time so my main focus is to benefit and learn guitar at a high level.I can practice 5-6 hours per day and more in the week-end.As music styles I am attracted to blues and rock ballads but also metal is ok.My weakness is improvisation,i tried only 2 times but i left this idea after i saw that my fingers were like 1 km from the fretboard so i started to work and get my fingers closer and now everything it's ok.I would like to learn improvisation,rythm and ear training in the same time,day by day,so a practice skedule would be so nice."

So the current list is:

- Learning 5 music styles (Blues, Rock, Metal... )
- Start a band
- Learn to improvise
- Master Rhythm
- Ear training

Could you please give me some more info?

- Your favorite musicians and bands.
- What do you know about theory?
- Do you have any audio or video of you playing?
- Are you able to record videos of you playing?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2014, 04:06 PM
Instructor
Cool! Great to hear from you here! Welcome officially to GMC Forum! smile.gif

Our first goal would be to have a video of you playing. What about choosing a lesson from GMC archive that you feel you can play, learn it and record it?

Maybe a blues lesson? Click HERE.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jun 19 2014, 04:32 PM
Thanks Gabriel! After seeing the blues lesson i decided to try and play a lesson called Blues Licks laugh.gif by Gabriel Leopardi biggrin.gif
I will do my best smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2014, 02:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vince09 @ Jun 19 2014, 12:32 PM) *
Thanks Gabriel! After seeing the blues lesson i decided to try and play a lesson called Blues Licks laugh.gif by Gabriel Leopardi biggrin.gif
I will do my best smile.gif

hehe I think that I know that guy! tongue.gif

It's a good choice. Every Time I learn a new lesson at GMC I follow the next steps:

1. Check the scales suggested by the instructor, listen to the backing and try the scales over it.
2. Learn video part 1 from the lesson. Practice it until I can play it at tempo.
3. Try the part over the backing track, in different parts. I listen how it sounds over the different chords and analyze why the instructor played those notes, what's the relationship between the chords from the progression and the notes from the solo.
4. I create variations that make it fit over any part of the backing. I make it evolve, and combine it with some other phrases from my own.
5. Start working on the following video parts and do steps 2, 3 and 4 with this one.
6. I combine everything over the backing.
7. Improvise over the backings with the learnt licks, variations and my own ideas.

This means that for me learning a lessons isn't just copying the instructor's playing. I try to make those licks and ideas of my own. You don't have to always do all these steps, but have them in mind and try to tend to this type of work.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jun 20 2014, 04:32 PM
Thank you for this advices and I will follow them closely.You will hear from me soon...i hope laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2014, 05:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vince09 @ Jun 20 2014, 12:32 PM) *
Thank you for this advices and I will follow them closely.You will hear from me soon...i hope laugh.gif

Cool, looking forward your news. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 24 2014, 02:49 PM
Instructor
Ok mate! based on our private messages I decided that we will start building a new guitar routine for you. The topics that we will cover this first week are:

Warming Up

Alternate Picking

Dynamics (vibrato, bending & dynamics)

Rhythm

Blues Theory

I have some ideas for the lessons you could cover for each topic but let me know if you have some lessons that you like from GMC archive which fit here.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jun 24 2014, 03:41 PM
Thanks Gabriel!I think it will be better that you decide the lessons...so I am all ears and ready to practice.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 24 2014, 04:18 PM
Instructor
Ok! Here we go:

Warming Up

Stretches & massages: http://youtu.be/1XsLRQFV7rY
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

Alternate Picking

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-2/

Dynamics (vibrato, bending & dynamics)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Blues-Dynamics/

Blues Theory

Blues theory thread

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jun 24 2014, 04:32 PM
Are you sure you can't read minds cause I got my eyes set on alternate picking and blues dynamics for some time blink.gif So How should i study?Learn first lesson and post a video or learn all lessons in the same time 30 minutes each everyday?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2014, 02:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vince09 @ Jun 24 2014, 12:32 PM) *
Are you sure you can't read minds cause I got my eyes set on alternate picking and blues dynamics for some time blink.gif So How should i study?Learn first lesson and post a video or learn all lessons in the same time 30 minutes each everyday?

hahaha yes, I can! tongue.gif

My way to learn many lessons on 1 week is learning a new part every day, practice it, and the following day connecting it to a new part. This means that you learn part 1 on Monday, part 2 on Thursday and connect it with part 1 and so. This is how it works for me. Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jun 25 2014, 03:57 PM
Now it makes more sense,i will follow this type of studying and let you know of the progress. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2014, 04:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vince09 @ Jun 25 2014, 11:57 AM) *
Now it makes more sense,i will follow this type of studying and let you know of the progress. smile.gif

Great! I'll wait for your updates. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 5 2014, 03:29 PM
Instructor
Ok Vince! As I received your updates via PM and gave you feedback by private, I will just write down an update to have it here as reference.

Lesson in progress: Blues Dynamics

Things to improve: Timing & Bending

Suggestions: Working at slower tempo, and practicing the bending exercise that I sent to you.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jul 6 2014, 11:35 PM
Hi Gab!A quick update on the lesson Alternate Picking Workout 2,I learned the first 3 parts as you will see in the links bellow and I am waiting for your approval so I can learn the next part of the lesson biggrin.gif .Sorry for the bad angle of my camera...I promise next videos will be much better wink.gif

Alternate Picking #2 part 1
Alternate Picking#2 part 2
Alternate Picking#2 part 3

This post has been edited by Vince09: Jul 6 2014, 11:37 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2014, 03:30 AM
Instructor
Hi Vince! Good job! You are playing these parts with a good tempo. You just have to be careful with your right hand palm muting because sometimes the notes sound too muted, and the pitch/note isn't clear. Experiment with the position of your palm, move it closer to the bridge and see how the sound changes. Please tell me your conclusions.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jul 8 2014, 11:34 PM
Hi Gab!Another update on Blues Dynamics...I hope you like it.This took more then I expected so I didn't had time to experiment on Alternate Picking lesson.Cheers smile.gif

Blues Dynamics part 1
Blues Dynamics part 2
Blues Dynamics part 3

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2014, 04:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince! Thanks for the update! The licks are sounding good, you are doing a good use of dynamics on this ones. There are two important things to concentrate on during your next hours of practice:

- Timing: Mostly the first video but alto the others have timing issues. Practice using the guitar pro, or over the main video to be sure that you are playing the licks tight.

- Bending: Your bends aren't precise, you don't reach the correct pitch most of the times. Work on it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jul 9 2014, 04:35 PM
Ok Gab sad.gif Back to the same old problems.I will work harder

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:42 AM