How Is The Gmc Mobile Experience For Folks?
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2019, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
Who is using GMC on tablet or phone for forum posts/reading? I wanted to ask how the user experience is for people?

I did notice that OLA ENGLUND shared a COLLAB VID just like the ones we do!! He is using Youtube as his platoform for his "paid memebership" thing which is handy as it's already pre built and has it's own mobile app.

Here is his first "membership jam". Which is done through his discord channel and then uploaded to youtube. It's a great example of leveraging pre built frameworks and thus having no development costs and still creating a paid membership community.
One difference is that h is is 10 minuutes long and has more takes than a Hitchcock film smile.gif I wonder if we could leverage any of Olas tricks for expanding our user base here.

here is member jam #2 featuring a quasi famous guest star! smile.gif The dude from the band EVER GREY

I mention discord in this post which is an app that many folks might not have ever heard of before. It's a handy app for connecting you to people and allowing folks to watch you game. Ola is using it as a prebuilt way of managing his community of paid yotube subscribers. Yup, I said "paid" youtube subscribers.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 6 2019, 12:43 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anese
Jul 6 2019, 12:42 AM
Learning Roadie
Yes, I use my phone to check on the forum from the time to time, but most of the time i browse the forum on my laptop.
the only thing that i need to point out is that when i read long posts on my phone the post page appear very narrow like a newspaper column. i don't know if this is just happening to me or to everyone else.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2019, 07:10 AM
GMC:er
Thanks for letting us know!!
Todd
QUOTE (Anese @ Jul 5 2019, 07:42 PM) *
Yes, I use my phone to check on the forum from the time to time, but most of the time i browse the forum on my laptop.
the only thing that i need to point out is that when i read long posts on my phone the post page appear very narrow like a newspaper column. i don't know if this is just happening to me or to everyone else.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 20 2019, 07:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've noticed something strange, on my Galaxy tablet, if I play a lesson in portrait mode it doesn't display the scroll bar, full screen or volume icons when tapping the player, if I rotate to landscape it shows them, now here's the really weird thing, if I then rotate back to portrait it displays them.

Also, in PMs in portrait mode, if there are a lot of quoted replies you can't read all of the text, you have to put it into landscape.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 22 2019, 06:46 PM
Apart from the above that I put yesterday, I no longer get the mobile version on my Galaxy S8+. I've cleared cache etc, so the same.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 22 2019, 10:04 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 20 2019, 08:36 PM) *
I've noticed something strange, on my Galaxy tablet, if I play a lesson in portrait mode it doesn't display the scroll bar, full screen or volume icons when tapping the player, if I rotate to landscape it shows them, now here's the really weird thing, if I then rotate back to portrait it displays them.

This is interesting, have you tested in chrome?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 23 2019, 09:48 AM
That was in Chrome on my tablet buddy smile.gif I can't test it on my Galaxy S8+ phone because that doesn't display the mobile site for some reason anymore.

I won't have time until Monday but I'll make a video of it when I get back on Monday evening.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 23 2019, 01:24 PM
Update:

Both issues are now self rectified somehow. I can't replicate the word thing on my tablet and my phone is now showing the mobile site. Very odd.

Cheers

UPDAYE:
How weird, phone is now showing desktop site again.

UPDATE:
The "show desktop" option was ticked in chrome, I thought it you sent to a different site it unchecked it automatically.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 23 2019, 06:10 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 25 2019, 09:45 AM
The missing scroll bar, full screen and volume icon issue is back. It's not so much that the icons are missing, the video screen is cropped when opened in portrait mode, restate device to landscape and back to portrait and its uncropped.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 25 2019, 04:50 PM
Here's a couple of screenshots. First is in portrait mode and second is in portrait mode After rotating to landscape and back.
Screenshot_2019-08-25-09-27-06

Screenshot_2019-08-25-09-28-20

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:45 AM