> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Growing Ville's Evil Guitar Skills
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 27 2012, 08:00 PM
Instructor
Aloha my friend! I am very honored you picked me biggrin.gif thank you!

Let's see, what would you like to work on? Everyone in here has something favorite on which they are focusing their efforts so, what would your direction be?

let's rock

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
VilleFIN
Apr 27 2012, 08:41 PM
Tone Seeker
All right !! cool.gif

Let's see I have been receiving feedback about timing. When I started guitar playing @ 14 years of age I really didn't use a metronome. When I started playing again 2008 I rarely used metronome. Now it's kinda 50/50. I practise ap picking/legato/songs etc. with metronome but usually I just pick up guitar and play something.

I would like to have a guitar schedule. I work 0700-1430 and after that I usually spend time with my wife and daughter. Few days of week I usually play 1 - 1.30 hours. And week-ends about the same. So in one week about 4-6 hours of playing.

So I would love to get best of those 4-6 hours.

Cheers

-Ville-

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 29 2012, 10:12 PM
Instructor
Hey man!

how about this smile.gif

Let's focus on timing under various aspects - I would divide your schedule into rhythm and lead studies for starters, but focused on timing development.

I'd like to choose 2 lessons in these directions and work on them with you, discussing around all the important elements smile.gif these should keep you busy for maybe more than 6 hrs a week biggrin.gif

what do you say Ville?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 30 2012, 05:45 PM
Tone Seeker
Sounds like we have a deal happy.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Apr 30 2012, 05:46 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 30 2012, 08:36 PM
Instructor
Alright, so, for starters I would suggest this one for rhythm:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Metrics-4/

Just to keep you a little bit in the comfort zone wink.gif then slowly take you out with this one:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...r-melodic-solo/

this lead requires focus on timing and articulation biggrin.gif

what do you think mate - would you enjoy these? I mean, they are good, but you have to like them biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
May 1 2012, 07:33 AM
Tone Seeker
Yes I'll look into these. They sound great !! cool.gif

But unfortunately I can't go as low as drop c. I could transpose the track to fit with drop D. Is that okay ?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 1 2012, 07:41 AM
Instructor
Hey Ville, yes sir! biggrin.gif In here, in your thread I mean, we can do WHATEVER we want to get the job done biggrin.gif so drop D it is wink.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
May 1 2012, 03:11 PM
Tone Seeker
Allright ! Finally I got my guitar to handle drop tuning.

I put two 5 cent coins and a piece of wood in between the springs. It really worked !!

Expect first video try in few days. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 2 2012, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Alright my friend! I am on the battlements wink.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
May 2 2012, 05:27 PM
Tone Seeker
http://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/metalmetrics4

Okay here's something to chew on...just kidding wink.gif
If you want to analyse my playing I try to record a vid tomorrow or Friday.

Cheers tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 3 2012, 09:47 AM
Instructor
Hey Ville! This is very good man! Your timing is almost perfect and the articulation is good too biggrin.gif I am a microbend lover so you had to deal with that wink.gif a vid would be great too! Try to clean your playing up a bit and this would be just perfect biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
May 5 2012, 10:40 AM
Tone Seeker

Here's a vid. I don't know what's up with Youtube but I swore that when I edited this clip the playing and music was in sync. huh.gif

Cheers

-Ville-

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2012, 06:20 PM
Instructor
Yeah mate sad.gif I know, remember the last collab, where stuff went bananas with your take? sad.gif Well, you nailed everything awesomely and now you an focus on the details:

1) The phrase before the harmonics needs the microbends exactly as I played them tongue.gif try to mimic those and listen to a lot of Guthrie Govan to get the feel.

2) The harmonics - they seem a bit choked so let them loose, k? I mean they should ring out, but in good timing smile.gif

All in all, this take is very good regarding the timing perspective, so we can move on to the other lesson wink.gif k?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
May 5 2012, 06:58 PM
Tone Seeker
Okay should I focus on the solo lesson what you gave earlier ?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2012, 07:47 PM
Instructor
Yes mate! wink.gif Try to get into the microbends meanwhile biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 28 2013, 01:49 PM
Tone Seeker
Time to bring this up.

What do you say Cosmin ? How does this sound ? It's like pre-REC take. Only audio thought wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/pre-rec-firewind-lesson

Lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...d-style-lesson/

EDIT:

I added track without backing track - so it's easier spot mistakes. Also I lowered gain little bit. It was too muddy.

https://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/pre-rec-firewind-lesson-no-bt

This post has been edited by WeePee: Apr 29 2013, 07:01 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 29 2013, 07:19 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! This sounds great!

The only thing that I am noticing, after listening to both versions, would be the part from 0:42 onward, where the timing is a bit slow. You have a slight delay that causes loss in definition, in comparison to the tight rhythm playing before.

I think that you should practice that part some more to get it perfect, otherwise, the rest sounds very good to me man smile.gif What have you used on the recording?

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 29 2013, 09:40 AM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 29 2013, 10:21 AM) *
Ah, great occasion smile.gif Can you place another take of the Firewind lesson in your thread, where you haven't used the EZmix? I am curious to hear differences between a take that has it and one that doesn't.

Before and after Ezmix.

But I add lots of stuff after Ezmix too. Like Hi & Low passfilter, EQ, Compressor etc wink.gif Maybe too much though

This post has been edited by WeePee: Apr 29 2013, 09:45 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  firewind.mp3 ( 564.49K ) Number of downloads: 127

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 30 2013, 08:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Apr 29 2013, 08:40 AM) *
Before and after Ezmix.

But I add lots of stuff after Ezmix too. Like Hi & Low passfilter, EQ, Compressor etc wink.gif Maybe too much though

Aye, there's a difference indeed, but as you said, it's not only from that. I like the tone after it was mixed smile.gif sounds punchy!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:30 PM