Livestream Guitar Playing, Livestream Procaster, Guitar, Guitar Rig 4
Dexter
Feb 16 2011, 05:44 PM
GMC:er
Has anybody successfully used Livestream Procaster in combination with their guitar?

My guitar is plugged into my m-audio fast track pro. I use Guitar Rig 4 to get the amp sounds I want.

When I try to stream live with Livestream, only the raw signal from my guitar can be heard, and not the sound after guitar rig has processed/enhanced/amplified the signal.

Any thoughts?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
K1R
Feb 16 2011, 06:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
As I understood you have a delay between hitting a note and hearing it from PC? ASIO4all driver can fix it. You can find it here http://www.asio4all.com

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 16 2011, 06:26 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Dexter @ Feb 16 2011, 05:44 PM) *
Has anybody successfully used Livestream Procaster in combination with their guitar?

My guitar is plugged into my m-audio fast track pro. I use Guitar Rig 4 to get the amp sounds I want.

When I try to stream live with Livestream, only the raw signal from my guitar can be heard, and not the sound after guitar rig has processed/enhanced/amplified the signal.

Any thoughts?

You need to select different "source" for the livestream recording. You are currently capturing input on your m-audio fast track pro which is you dry guitar. See if there is an option to choose "Wave" or "What U Hear" in the options for audio source in the livestream application.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Dexter
Feb 16 2011, 06:27 PM
QUOTE (K1R @ Feb 16 2011, 12:18 PM) *
As I understood you have a delay between hitting a note and hearing it from PC? ASIO4all driver can fix it. You can find it here http://www.asio4all.com

Thanks for the reply, K1R !

I do use the ASIO drivers, however the problem is that I don't hear the sound that I hear from Guitar Rig. I hear the sound of just a regular guitar signal that isn't amplified.

In Livestream, you have the options to select your Audio Sources. I figured Speakers would be the selection since I want others to hear what I hear through my speakers, but no sounds from my guitar come through -- but if I were to play a song in itunes, you would hear it.

This post has been edited by Dexter: Feb 16 2011, 06:27 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 16 2011, 06:37 PM
QUOTE (Dexter @ Feb 16 2011, 06:27 PM) *
Thanks for the reply, K1R !

I do use the ASIO drivers, however the problem is that I don't hear the sound that I hear from Guitar Rig. I hear the sound of just a regular guitar signal that isn't amplified.

In Livestream, you have the options to select your Audio Sources. I figured Speakers would be the selection since I want others to hear what I hear through my speakers, but no sounds from my guitar come through -- but if I were to play a song in itunes, you would hear it.

Hmmm, try selecting your M-audio ASIO driver in the left setting window and then see the routing/source options.
Now when you can hear Itunes I suppose you selected your regular integrated sound card as source.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dexter
Feb 16 2011, 06:54 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 16 2011, 12:37 PM) *
Hmmm, try selecting your M-audio ASIO driver in the left setting window and then see the routing/source options.
Now when you can hear Itunes I suppose you selected your regular integrated sound card as source.

I get the same dealio.

Fast Track 1/2 Out -- if that was an option inside Livestream, I'd be set! But Livestream only takes the Fast Track 1/2 IN (which is where the raw signal sound comes from).

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 16 2011, 07:32 PM
What version of Windows are you using?

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Dexter
Feb 16 2011, 07:33 PM
QUOTE (dark dude @ Feb 16 2011, 01:32 PM) *
What version of Windows are you using?

Win 7 64bit

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 16 2011, 08:57 PM
QUOTE (Dexter @ Feb 16 2011, 06:54 PM) *
I get the same dealio.

Fast Track 1/2 Out -- if that was an option inside Livestream, I'd be set! But Livestream only takes the Fast Track 1/2 IN (which is where the raw signal sound comes from).

Hmm here is a weird thought, maybe you can use a small cable to connect output of the m-audio to input 2 for example - but there is no option to use just the input 2? smile.gif

Generally I must say that I'm disappointed in M-audio software and routing ability. I also have m-audio card and it's not versatile in that department at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Feb 16 2011, 09:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
Using a software emulator for this purpose is something I have never heard anyone doing. For that to be possible you must either do as Bogdan said (putting output to input on the audiocard), but that, while possible, would mix your unprocessed and processed signal together. Unless Guitar Rig has a way to trick windows into thinking that it's an audio card, I don't believe it to be possible.
Then again, I don't know, I have just never heard about anyone doing that, and I don't really think it's possible. Hopefully someone has experience with it and has a know-how though smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 16 2011, 11:46 PM
Todd here wink.gif I have used PROCASTER on several occassions to teach my Saturday Video Chat lesson, when Broadcaster was giving me some sort of issue. I've never had a problem using it with my guitar but I'm not using emulation. The CPU load of encoding real time video and doing a full emulation with fx would be considerable. Not to mention that you are sending a "software out" to Procaster. You might be able to get it to work, but if you have an amp or anything close, it would probably be easier just to mic your guitar amp/cab. That's what I did and it seemed to go ok smile.gif Here is a link to see how it turned out.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11383898

Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 16 2011, 11:46 PM
Todd here wink.gif I have used PROCASTER on several occassions to teach my Saturday Video Chat lesson, when Broadcaster was giving me some sort of issue. I've never had a problem using it with my guitar but I'm not using emulation. The CPU load of encoding real time video and doing a full emulation with fx would be considerable. Not to mention that you are sending a "software out" to Procaster. You might be able to get it to work, but if you have an amp or anything close, it would probably be easier just to mic your guitar amp/cab. That's what I did and it seemed to go ok smile.gif Here is a link to see how it turned out.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11383898

Todd

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 17 2011, 12:48 AM
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Feb 16 2011, 09:10 PM) *
Using a software emulator for this purpose is something I have never heard anyone doing. For that to be possible you must either do as Bogdan said (putting output to input on the audiocard), but that, while possible, would mix your unprocessed and processed signal together. Unless Guitar Rig has a way to trick windows into thinking that it's an audio card, I don't believe it to be possible.
Then again, I don't know, I have just never heard about anyone doing that, and I don't really think it's possible. Hopefully someone has experience with it and has a know-how though smile.gif

Depends a lot on the card. E-MU audio interface cards have much better software and drivers which allow for much flexible routing and mixing options. It would be easily achievable with such card as it has a "virtual mixer" ability... M-audio makes great products but It really lacks software flexibility...

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Feb 17 2011, 12:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Feb 17 2011, 01:07 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 17 2011, 12:48 AM) *
Depends a lot on the card. E-MU audio interface cards have much better software and drivers which allow for much flexible routing and mixing options. It would be easily achievable with such card as it has a "virtual mixer" ability... M-audio makes great products but It really lacks software flexibility...

Oh, yes of course. I just meant I have never heard of anyone doing it simply with an input to guitar rig or similar software, outputting to the streaming. It is also possible by re-directing the windows out to a fake integrated microphone (so the computer thinks its a microphone, but its just recording everything you hear from windows). But I don't remember the name of any such software...

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Feb 17 2011, 01:09 AM

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 17 2011, 01:31 AM
Is this what you were talking about man? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Audio_Cable

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 2 2011, 09:50 PM
Instructor
(Unfortunately) Bogdan is correct. M-Audio lack mixer software with good patching abilities. GR4 is sending the processed signal via ASIO channels, so you should those channels in your streaming app. Perhaps the ASIO4ALL should include such patching abilities.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:14 AM