7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Who Is Your Favorite Guitarist?
Andrew6
Jun 27 2008, 12:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Markwnjr @ Jun 25 2008, 11:19 PM) *
I always liked Brian Hanor ( synyser gates) and his lefty sidekick. but after a while, i realized, what they do is hard, but its the same stuff but just, not? haha, i dunno how to explain. sounds like power ranger solo's. then i started to like herman li. and then found out, they speed up what they play, so i realized i dont need a favorite! because every guitarist is better and different from everyone else. biggrin.gif an i hope to be a role model and a favorite, one day. biggrin.gif

You said it my friend!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 27 2008, 05:08 PM
GMC:er
ive got quiet a few for a few reasons

Fredrik Åkesson + Mikael Akerfelt-Melodic amazingness his time with Opeth created some of my favorite music.

Steve Vai: just pure awsome

Joe Satriani- Manages to write alot of amazing music without overdoing the shred

Christian Andreu+Joe Duplantier- SOOO HEAVVYY!!!

John Petrucci- His Solo work is amazing and his AP is absolutly flawless!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 27 2008, 05:12 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I can't choose a favourite but some of my favs are Mark Knopfler, Jimmy Page, Scott Ian, Eddie Van Halen, Gary Moore etc. smile.gif

+Quote Post
beebo
Jun 27 2008, 07:05 PM
My favorites would be

Slash, Van Halen, Joe Satriani, SRV, Syn, Reb Beach, MAB, ......man it's hard to pick*i know i can't remember em all now but my all time fav which is pretty close would have to be \../ SLASH\../

+Quote Post
chmilew
Jun 27 2008, 07:20 PM
The guitarist who impress me the most (even if i don't play flamenco..) is Paco De Lucia.
He's absolutely amazing..definitely my number one.

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jun 29 2008, 04:15 PM
Andy timmons, Tony macalpine.

Edit:

Doh, and Muris ofc.

This post has been edited by kjutte: Jun 29 2008, 04:15 PM

+Quote Post
weller2307
Jun 30 2008, 07:26 PM
mine would have to be Kirk Hammet. Perfect blend of blues and metal.

+Quote Post
Shadow21
Jun 30 2008, 10:20 PM
My favourite guitarists are Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, Jimmi Hendrix and Ken (From L'arc en ciel, a J-Rock band) tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 30 2008, 10:25 PM
Instructor
in these days i´m in love with Kiko from Angra laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Koopid
Jul 1 2008, 09:23 AM
Learning Roadie
In no particular order and for different reasons

Angus Young
Because I have been an AC/DC fan since the release of Back in Black and I really like his soloing and his presence on stage.

Malcolm Young
The ultimate rythmguitarist. He just rules smile.gif

Ace Frehley
Ace Frehley may not (is not) the most technical guitarplayer, but I can pretty much hum every solo he did by heart. He has/had a way of writing solo's that stick in the head smile.gif

Stevey Ray Vaughan
Mary had a little lamb intro was one of the first riffs I tried to learn when I started playing. Big source of inspiration.

Jimi Hendrix
I liked his songs since as far back as I can remember. I can think of no other guitarist where the guitar itself seem as much a part of his actual body as Jimi Hendrix.

Jerry C
It was Canon Rock that made me decide to (once again) try to learn the guitar, I really liked that tune. I have grown really tired of it now but as an inspiration I feel I need to mention him smile.gif

Tommy Emmanuel
Acoustic guitar god. His "Lewis and Clark" is just breathtaking. I never heard another song with no vocals tell a story in the same way, simply amazing.

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro

+Quote Post
Xose Pineda
Jul 8 2008, 10:22 PM
Mr. Mark Knopfler.

As I write I'm listening to Brothers in arms - On the night live version... dude, makes my hair punky...

Call me classic, but... Clapton, Bibiloni, Atkins, some Stern... but MK for ever!

Cheers!

--------------------

xosepineda

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 8 2008, 11:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Xose Pineda @ Jul 8 2008, 11:22 PM) *
Mr. Mark Knopfler.

As I write I'm listening to Brothers in arms - On the night live version... dude, makes my hair punky...

Call me classic, but... Clapton, Bibiloni, Atkins, some Stern... but MK for ever!

Cheers!

Amen to that smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
black and white
Jul 8 2008, 11:09 PM
EC

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jul 10 2008, 10:21 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
God, it is impossible to name just one person here, there are so many great players... David Gilmour, Michael Schenker, Zakk Wylde, Brian May, Mark Tremonti, Mark Knopfler, Gary Moore, Ritchie Blackmore, Toni Iommi and all the others I forgot to mention now smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jul 10 2008, 10:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 30 2008, 11:25 PM) *
in these days i´m in love with Kiko from Angra laugh.gif

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE !!!!! kiko is the MAN !!! biggrin.gif

I have 2 videos on my computer desktop because when I miss inspiration he always show me the correct way: PRACTICE AND STUDY !!! Love his playing smile.gif cool.gif

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 10 2008, 11:56 PM
i forgot to mention Gus G of firewind smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 14 2008, 02:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
It's impossible to mention just one tongue.gif
Well, my all-time favourite is Gary Moore... But I can't go through a post like this without mentioning my other favourites as well tongue.gif : Jani Liimatainen, Elias Viljanen, Paul Gilbert, Eric Johnson, Gus G, Muris Varajic (tongue.gif), Marcus Siepen, André Olbrich...

And over to acoustic players: William Fitzsimmons, Andrew White, Peter Ciluzzi, Antoine Dufour, Matthew Santos, Andy Mckee, Don Ross....

And so many, many others on both lists, like all instructors of GMC I haven't mentioned ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jul 14 2008, 11:23 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 26 2008, 03:40 AM) *
Emppu and Dave....Fantastic picks cool.gif

They both have those amazing faces when they play, looks like they're trying to kiss right out into the air or something tongue.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by IDontWantMyUsername: Jul 14 2008, 11:23 AM

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Xecuter88
Jul 15 2008, 05:18 PM
Joe Satriani - Perfect melodic, and perfect speed. Good song-writer and composer. Awesome technique
Tom Morello - He showed me that it's not all about shredding and playing 100 km/h. Sound is _incredibly_ important!
Tommy Emmanuel - He is defiantly one of the best guitarist and musicians in the world! He's a performer and entertainer, and a master at both electric and acoustic guitar.

And Muris Varajic, he's just awesome! happy.gif *suckup*

This post has been edited by Xecuter88: Jul 15 2008, 05:19 PM

--------------------
---Some fancy signature---

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Jul 15 2008, 05:20 PM
my favorites are:

Mick Thomson

Jim root

(both from slipknot smile.gif )

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:58 AM