Morkret - The New Idiom, Shred Force Delta!
David.C.Bond
Dec 1 2007, 12:31 AM
GMC:er
Hi guys, well I'm new to the GMC so I thought I'd upload a track by my band for you all to criticise, haha! Well we're called Morkret and weve just finished our first album which we are negotiating a deal for at the moment with a few labels such as Spinefarm, Peaceville and Galactic Records.
The track I'm uploading is called The New Idiom and is a fun, fast track with blasts, widdle and shred!
Let me know what you think!
David

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  The_New_Idiom.mp3 ( 4.84MB ) Number of downloads: 318

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 1 2007, 12:52 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi m8, gunna be boring I`m afraid and say the same things, guitar work is excellent, I always love the backing on these songs and this is no exception its fantastic, just hate the vocals, smile.gif
good luck with your record deal smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 1 2007, 12:55 AM
Same as Smells. I really love the musicianship and it can not be faulted. Great song of course but the vocals aren't for everybody. I don't know what it is about them but they aren't for me. Good luck with the record deal though.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Dec 1 2007, 12:56 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
nickmarx12345678
Dec 1 2007, 01:07 AM
well thats really not my type of vocals but definatly really good guitar work ummmm one thing I might offer to improve on was there was a spot towards the begining where it felt like the drums and guitars weren't in sync I guess it was also the same at the end but otherwise it sounded very good!
good luck on your signing

--------------------
ROCK ON!!!!

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 1 2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the comments guys.
Yeah the vocals are quite intense if your not accustomed to the extreme metal genre, so I can understand your thoughts there.
However we are a dirty extreme metal band, we just like to attempt to cover that up with pretty guitar work haha, so I guess I'll keep ruining my vocal chords for the time being!

+Quote Post
Owen
Dec 1 2007, 01:55 PM
I really like the style!

The vocals seem a bit breathless, but that makes them pretty original in my opinion.

I <3 the guitar work! smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 13 2007, 09:32 PM
Instructor
Very nice song David, I hope your band gets signed to a label!! I would totally buy your album! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 14 2007, 01:20 AM
Thanks dude!
Suomi Finland Perkele! (Can I say that on here? Its the only finnish I know!)

+Quote Post
Freebird
Dec 17 2007, 01:39 AM
David that was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
I definitely liked the originality of the songs, we can hear your melodeath influence a lot (did you sample the bridge voice ensemble from CoB?? they sound very similar!). Very well recorded!!!
Ehm there are many things to praise in this song smile.gif And the vocals don't disturb me too much! I quite like them! Oh and plus the solo bedazzled me as I was wearing headphones and fast stereo effect does this biggrin.gif

I hope you do get a recording label alerted smile.gif

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 17 2007, 02:08 AM
Thanks Freebird, yes we are very melodic death inspired.
The vocal shout bit was actually just myself and the rest of Morkret, shouting into a mic, multitracked about 20 times, with lots of reverb. Thats basically how COB do it aswell.
Glad you liked it!

+Quote Post
Freebird
Dec 17 2007, 02:15 AM
QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Dec 17 2007, 02:08 AM) *
Thanks Freebird, yes we are very melodic death inspired.
The vocal shout bit was actually just myself and the rest of Morkret, shouting into a mic, multitracked about 20 times, with lots of reverb. Thats basically how COB do it aswell.
Glad you liked it!

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif I'm on your myspace now, I guess I'll have to put it as my homepage biggrin.gif Your songs are really awesome... Plus for who doesn't like the extreme "whisper grunt" on this track we have different and more commong growling on the tracks on myspace.

Oh yes what I forgot to tell you, the intros with that voice fit in really well biggrin.gif
I like all your songs...!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 17 2007, 01:04 PM
Instructor
Nice song, nice idea for the intro, keep rockin smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 17 2007, 03:32 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Dec 17 2007, 12:04 PM) *
Nice song, nice idea for the intro, keep rockin smile.gif

Thanks very much! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:30 AM