Ipod!, I finally got mine!
Guitarman700
Apr 26 2007, 04:14 PM
GMC:er
I ordered it Monday it got here Wednesday. i have all my music on it. its so awesome,A great player!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
allchavsrgay
Apr 26 2007, 05:48 PM
I ordered a 30gb one 2day whats yours like? is it any good?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 26 2007, 06:41 PM
I have a Ipod mini. Havent even filled half of it yet, I think Ipods are really good.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Apr 26 2007, 07:52 PM
Its The Best Music player iv ever used!(and ive used alot)

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
VinceG
Apr 26 2007, 09:06 PM
Yea its a great player. Mine craps out every once in a while but its nothing major. I was pissed though because I bough a 60 gig for $400 and about 2 months later they came out with an 80 gb for about $350 and the 60 gb for about $300. Damn you apple.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 26 2007, 09:56 PM
The Ipod mini got what, 4GB? Can you only store/listen to music on Ipods? In that case, more than 4GB is not really needed imo tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Apr 26 2007, 10:58 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Apr 26 2007, 08:56 PM) *
The Ipod mini got what, 4GB? Can you only store/listen to music on Ipods? In that case, more than 4GB is not really needed imo tongue.gif

Tell that to my 28GB music collection. tongue.gif

The newer iPods do video. Also, you can partition off space on it to use as an external hard drive.

That said, I have a 2GB Nano. Works for me. I have an overly elaborate playlist scheme that keeps the the music that's on the iPod relevant and fresh. I sync it up every day. It works for me.I'd probably want something bigger if for some reason I'd have to travel an extended period without my Powerbook.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Apr 27 2007, 02:54 PM
Me, 31 gig music collection! but mine is great and im glad i bought it

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
Jeff
Apr 27 2007, 05:27 PM
I have a 4gb iPod Nano - it's awesome. I wish I had one that did video, that would be cool for guitar practive - GMC Podcasts or something like that would be totally cool.

I hate buying songs through iTunes - it sucks that you have to burn songs to cd and then convert them to mp3 just to play a song on another mp3 player - for a song that you have already purchased! Apple sucks for that. I do like the iTunes interface though.

+Quote Post
kahall
Apr 28 2007, 04:24 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (jeff @ Apr 27 2007, 11:27 AM) *
I have a 4gb iPod Nano - it's awesome. I wish I had one that did video, that would be cool for guitar practive - GMC Podcasts or something like that would be totally cool.

I hate buying songs through iTunes - it sucks that you have to burn songs to cd and then convert them to mp3 just to play a song on another mp3 player - for a song that you have already purchased! Apple sucks for that. I do like the iTunes interface though.

Yeah same here, 4 gigs is plenty for me. I only use mine at the gym. On the converting, burning cd's just to play on another MP3 player...it will not be that way for much longer in my opinion. Apple announced earlier this month that EMI's music's entire digital catalog of music will be available for puchase DRM-free. (without digital rights management) from itunes. Plust they will be of higher quality. You can read all about it here, http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/04/02itunes.html

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Jeff
Apr 28 2007, 12:06 PM
QUOTE (kahall @ Apr 28 2007, 04:24 AM) *
Yeah same here, 4 gigs is plenty for me. I only use mine at the gym. On the converting, burning cd's just to play on another MP3 player...it will not be that way for much longer in my opinion. Apple announced earlier this month that EMI's music's entire digital catalog of music will be available for puchase DRM-free. (without digital rights management) from itunes. Plust they will be of higher quality. You can read all about it here, http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/04/02itunes.html

Thanks for the link! This is a good thing. I'm still a little pissed that they will be charging an additional .30 cents for each song w/o DRM. I suppose because it's a higher quality recording they can justify it. Although my ears aren't that good to truly tell the difference, there are a few songs that I'll purchase just to get rid of it. I also think it will be just a matter of time until the Appple competition drives their price down.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:21 AM