2 Pages V  < 1 2  
..., Practicing and Current Brain Research
Lian Gerbino
Jun 25 2009, 05:39 PM
Instructor
sure man, thanks for reading wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rolls
Jun 25 2009, 06:43 PM
GMC:er
So I wonder what is the best way to practice "mentally." Just "thinking" about how you would play a scale or something? Very interesting read btw.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jun 25 2009, 10:18 PM
Jazz Instructor
Very interesting, thanks for sharing!

+Quote Post
Joruus
Jun 26 2009, 04:29 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Intresting read smile.gif

Something a bit like this got mentioned before at gmc, since then i play a bit as very last thing to do before i sleep.
And i did notice how the next day i can play it better then the day before, even if i tryed it before warmup.

QUOTE (Rolls @ Jun 25 2009, 07:43 PM) *
So I wonder what is the best way to practice "mentally." Just "thinking" about how you would play a scale or something? Very interesting read btw.

Steve Vai actually told me about that last week biggrin.gif

A good way is like closing your eyes (somewhere quiete, like in bed at night) you sortof picture your hands and fretboard.
Then you play a scale or song or something, and try to hear it in your head at the same time.

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
kahall
Jun 27 2009, 06:49 AM
Learning Roadie
I read this right after you posted it and find it interesting. I never thought of going over something in my head when I do not have a guitar. I can put this to good use and I think it just might help me.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:01 PM