Pod & Other Digital Stuff/phones Out, My Advice onRecording
Joe Kataldo
Jan 10 2008, 04:58 PM
Instructor
Hi there, my name is Joe Kataldo, I'm new to the forum I've joined GMC a couple of days ago, anyway reading randomly the gear forum I've noticed that some people use the phone output as line out to record on hard disk.

9 out of 10, the phone output is not as high quality as the mains out, so my advice is use regular guitar cable and find the right adapter to connect to the soundcard!

This adjustment will sure improve audio quality.

Happy Recording

Joe kataldo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 10 2008, 11:44 PM
Instructor
well, I use a POD XT Live and I conect it with the USB cable which is what I record in my multitrack session... but I use another cable from the "POD Phones" to the "line in" in my computer. I hope it's correct 'cos sounds really cool, isn't it ??

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 11 2008, 12:58 AM
Instructor
I don't really understand that one Joe.. with POD people are connecting via USB. Why in the heck would you want to connect something via lineout. I understand when there is no other option...

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jan 11 2008, 12:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Jan 10 2008, 11:44 PM) *
well, I use a POD XT Live and I conect it with the USB cable which is what I record in my multitrack session... but I use another cable from the "POD Phones" to the "line in" in my computer. I hope it's correct 'cos sounds really cool, isn't it ??

This was just a suggestion, anyway if you use the phnone out to line in only as monitor, it's not relevant.

QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 11 2008, 12:58 AM) *
I don't really understand that one Joe.. with POD people are connecting via USB. Why in the heck would you want to connect something via lineout. I understand when there is no other option...

There are two main reasons:

1) You may have better AD/DA converter on your soundcard, and use them instead of the onboard one of the pod

2)If I remember well the older pod doesn't have usb/audio connection

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 11 2008, 02:29 PM
Instructor
Well, that's interesting because if I would conect the POD to a mixingboard is better to use the jack output than the phones output... it's right, isn't it ?

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jan 11 2008, 04:03 PM
Instructor
Yes, phones out is for connect phones...nothing more!

Joe Kataldo

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 11 2008, 04:10 PM
Instructor
yeah, seems easy but sometimes is easier to conect only one stereo cable to phones out than 2 guitar jacks or just a special cable.

Great, Joe, thank you very much wink.gif

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jan 11 2008, 04:15 PM
Instructor
sound quality will pay you back

Joe Kataldo

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:56 PM