Freeware Video Recording Program..
Sensible Jones
Mar 31 2010, 06:49 PM
GMC:er
Anyone know of a decent one for doing REC takes with??
I've tried a couple and can't seem to get it all working properly!
sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 31 2010, 06:50 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmmm may be obvious but have you tried Windows Movie Maker ? Many use it for rec...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 1 2010, 10:25 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
As far as I remember Virtual Dub is also freeware, should do the job too. Aside from this, I think most cameras or webcames come with some kind of software, I remember I did my first lessons here with my Logitec webcam and I used the Logitech software for that. But if you are willing to invest some money, get Sony Vegas, I think I paid around 80 Euros for my version and it is by far the best software I know for doing videos, most of the instructors here use it.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 1 2010, 01:26 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Mar 31 2010, 06:50 PM) *
Hmmm may be obvious but have you tried Windows Movie Maker ? Many use it for rec...

Can I record into MM then?
I thought it was just an editing program..
I'll have to have another look through that then!!
Cheers Bogdan!

QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Apr 1 2010, 10:25 AM) *
As far as I remember Virtual Dub is also freeware, should do the job too. Aside from this, I think most cameras or webcames come with some kind of software, I remember I did my first lessons here with my Logitec webcam and I used the Logitech software for that. But if you are willing to invest some money, get Sony Vegas, I think I paid around 80 Euros for my version and it is by far the best software I know for doing videos, most of the instructors here use it.

I'll check that out thanks Marcus!! biggrin.gif
The software that came with the drivers seems to be corrupted somehow, I've re-installed new versions etc and still can't get it to record video. It records audio fine though! huh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 2 2010, 12:09 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yes you can record into MM. It has a capture option for capturing video from external sources (Webcam,camcorder etc). Then you can edit the video in the same program. I think its the easiest solution.
As Marcus mentioned, Virtual Dub is a great piece of software (though can be confusing at first in learning its features)...You should definitely check it out..Can't remember if its free though, it should be...Let me know if you need any help with video recording/editing.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 2 2010, 11:41 PM
Instructor
Virtual Dub should be free, and if you have a small budget Sony Vegas Movie Studio PLatinum costs only 50$ and it's well worth it.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:22 AM