2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Favorite Lesson? Your Review On Main Page!, Pick an old lesson, comment it, get it published on the main page
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 6 2007, 10:39 AM
GMC Founder
Hey there!

As you might have noticed in today's (July6, 2007) "From the Archive" box - there is a "member's choice" lesson. What's even better is that the member is ME! biggrin.gif

However - the idea is that your choice will be in the next "From the Archive" pick. So if you want your lesson of choice on the start page, along with a short review and your username, here is how to do it:

1 - Let us know your favorite lesson, it has to be an older one that hasn't been featured on the main page for a while

2 - Give us the link to the lesson

3 - Comment what you like with lessons and what you learned (IMPORTANT has the be the same length as the example below to fit on the main page).

----------------------------------------------
Example:

1 - My favorite lesson: Advanced Chords

2 - Link: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...hords/index.htm

3 - My review: "I like the way Pavel gets bass movements as well as a melody going simultaneously - without using any right hand fingers. This lesson has definately developed my chordal playing!"

-----------------------------------------------------

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 6 2007, 07:35 PM
Lets go fishing!
Sounds wicked,I cant wait to do a reveiw !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Jul 6 2007, 07:35 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 6 2007, 07:35 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
My Favorite Lesson: Metal Solo Licks

Lesson Link: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...licks/index.htm

My Review: "This is the lesson that started it all for me, Pavel's challenging runs that provided superb practice licks while making it into one of the coolest GMC Solo's Provided great workouts, This lesson improved my playing alot i still practice it today!"

Editorial note: Published July 7, 2007.

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Jul 7 2007, 02:57 PM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 6 2007, 07:59 PM
GMC:er
Well, idk if this lesson is old enough. It is 1 of my favorite lessons, but not my favorite, there is too much great content here that makes it hard to decide.Anyway here it goes:

Lesson: Hand Control Lesson

Lesson Link: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...esson/index.htm

My Review: I love the way Pavel creates a great melody in this lesson by using String Skipping; skipping 1 string, 2 strings and even 3 strings!. The hand stretches are definately a great exersise for all your hand and your pinky in particular, which is important to have it trained. You will also develop Alternate Picking while String Skipping those Big Stretches! Thats alot of stuff in just this lesson!

*Please excuse my bad spelling or poor english. My english is not very good. Thanks.

Editorial note: published 19 July.

This post has been edited by Maria: Jul 19 2007, 11:43 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 7 2007, 03:25 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jul 6 2007, 12:59 PM) *
Well, idk if this lesson is old enough. It is 1 of my favorite lessons, but not my favorite, there is too much great content here that makes it hard to decide.Anyway here it goes:

Lesson: Hand Control Lesson

Lesson Link: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...esson/index.htm

My Review: I love the way Pavel creates a great melody in this lesson by using String Skipping; skipping 1 string, 2 strings and even 3 strings!. The hand stretches are definately a great exersise for all your hand and your pinky in particular, which is important to have it trained. You will also develop Alternate Picking while String Skipping those Big Stretches! Thats alot of stuff in just this lesson!

*Please excuse my bad spelling or poor english. My english is not very good. Thanks.

I second this one! I was going to put it if you didn't. Another favorite:

Lesson: Neoclassical Sweeping n Legato by Gabe

Review: "Gabe's sweeping and legato licks have really given both my left and right hands a workout! It's heavily improved my legato especially, and left hand coordination. Plus, it sounds great and it's not too hard!"

Editorial note: published 9 July 2007.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 7 2007, 03:39 AM
My favorite lesson: Hot Blues Licks by Kris.

Link: http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/membersonly/Hot_blues1.htm

My review: "This was the first blues I ever learned, and I still use many of these awesome licks today. There are both easy and very difficult licks in this lesson, I think it suits for both beginners and pros. Kris really got the groove and feel in this lesson!"

This post has been edited by Robin: Jul 7 2007, 03:42 AM

+Quote Post
jammer91
Jul 7 2007, 10:19 AM
This is a totally awesome lesson:

Name: Heavy Metal Riffing

Link: http://guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/h...ffing/index.htm

Review: This is a lesson that most people of GMC are looking for, but couldnt find since its old and hidden. It combines rhythm and lead lead scales for metal. If you can get this lesson right, you can incorporate the idea to create your own metal songs and join a band. I use this lesson a lot (its oin my memory) to create good songs. Get ready to head bang!!!!

Difficulty: Intermediate

Editorial note: published 25 July.

This post has been edited by Maria: Jul 25 2007, 01:41 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 9 2007, 10:34 AM
GMC Founder
OK - so as you might have notice this has started to roll quite nicely! Today's member's choice was from JVM!

Keep the suggestions coming - preferably lessons from many different instructors!

Kris biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 9 2007, 02:13 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 9 2007, 05:34 AM) *
OK - so as you might have notice this has started to roll quite nicely! Today's member's choice was from JVM!

Keep the suggestions coming - preferably lessons from many different instructors!

Kris biggrin.gif

I have a couple of faves at the moment, I hope you don't mind if I post 2!

Name: Pavels Alternate Picking Lesson #1

Link : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...king1/index.htm

Review: This lesson is where the rubber really meets the road in Alterate picking. After you have reviewed the excellent AP introductory lessons on GMC, you ask yourself where do I go next? Look no further- Pavel has put together an extremely technical series to really develop your skills. This lesson is very well suited to extended metronome practice as it is long enough not to be too repetetive. It is a simple pattern that you can play slowly at first and use to build speed. It is based around 3 note per string scales, so all the time you are practicing your AP, you are also learning fingerings for 3nps!

----

Name: Winding Roads (Marcus)

Link : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ndell/index.htm

Review: In this solo lesson, Marucs is keeping in plain view what all of the exercises, metronome time and sore fingers are all about! Listening to this solo gives me chills every time! What I admire about the way that Marcus put this together is that the technique serves the music, not the other way around. If you took out all the fast runs, you would still end up with an extremely musical solo - the technique pieces add emphasis and power but do not detract from that.

Editorial note: published July 12, 2007.

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Jul 12 2007, 09:59 AM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 9 2007, 03:09 PM
Name: Gabriel's blues licks 3

Link : http://guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/b...icks3/index.htm

Review: A Steve Ray Vaughan style riff that really shows how the pentatonic boxes can be utilized in a rather easy series of riffs to make a great sounding piece. This one will really improve your speed on the E blues scale which can be tricky...But with Gabriel's graceful style and awesome composition, you will be flying through these licks and sounding great while doing so! cool.gif

Editorial note: published 21 July

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 9 2007, 03:48 PM
Name: Gabriel's Rocker Riff 2

Link: http://guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/r...riff2/index.htm

Review: Gabriel utilizes a stunning assortment of different styles to bring us a truly classy page-esque riff with both strong rhythm and lead elements. Its melodic solo and powerfully memorable rhythm passage make it a true joy to play along with! Gabriel's use of legato, bends and vibrato also means it encompasses a huge area of learning for beginner and intermediate players to cover and develop upon. For all the guitarists out there who like riffing with some serious groove, this ones for you! smile.gif

Editorial note: published 21 August 2007

This post has been edited by Maria: Aug 21 2007, 06:19 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 9 2007, 04:32 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 9 2007, 04:48 PM) *
Name: Gabriel's Rocker Riff 2

Link: http://guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/r...riff2/index.htm

Review: Gabriel utilizes a stunning assortment of different styles to bring us a truly classy page-esque riff with both strong rhythm and lead elements. Its melodic solo and powerfully memorable rhythm passage make it a true joy to play along with! Gabriel's use of legato, bends and vibrato also means it encompasses a huge area of learning for beginner and intermediate players to cover and develop upon. For all the guitarists out there who like riffing with some serious groove, this ones for you! smile.gif

The review should be about an older lesson!

--------------------

+Quote Post
sb81
Jul 9 2007, 04:42 PM
Name: Metal Blues Lesson

Link: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...blues/index.htm

Review Excellent beginner/intermediate lesson combining two very emotional styles. Pavel combines Metal and Blues and makes his guitar scream with double stop bends. He also shows how you can incorporate different techniques such as Tapping and Sweeping, usually used for speedy shredding, in a slower manner to add some terrific touches to your guitar playing. This lesson is filled with soul and emotion, as well as an introduction to different techniques.

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 9 2007, 04:54 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 9 2007, 04:32 PM) *
The review should be about an older lesson!

I know! I just happened to like that one quite a lot mellow.gif laugh.gif

That and the fact that I wasnt paying very much attention to the top section when I posted it, look at it in a month or so's time maybe? sorry smile.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Jul 9 2007, 04:58 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jul 9 2007, 05:26 PM
Name :Rock Rythm 'N Solo #2

Link:https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...solo2/index.htm

Review: I just love the lesson, it's my style, and some great riffs. This also really helped my mind get thinking about some of the riffs i could make up. There were also some awesome fast parts that seriously helped my alternate picking. It's a great lesson, one of Pavel's best.

This post has been edited by stratman33: Jul 9 2007, 05:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 12 2007, 02:45 AM
Name: Rhythm and Solo #1

Link:Rhythm and Solo #1

Review: One of the oldest lessons I know, there are many other versions of this series but I feel the first one has the biggest impact on playing. Learning new chord shapes, interesting riffing syncopation, open string riffing, and quick in-the-pocket solo guitar licks are the brunt of what these lessons are all about. This one I felt explained it perfectly...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 12 2007, 12:47 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
1 - My favorite lesson: Neoclassical Three-Level-Lesson

2 - http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-gui...diate/index.htm

3 - My review: "Yngwie for everyone! I played the beginner lesson and was amazed how fairly easy I got the Yngwie sound. Then I moved to the intermediate and andvanced lessons, based on the same riff but with more ripping stuff added, and it's jaw dropping. I've earned my spandex pants! smile.gif"

Editorial note: published Juy 2007

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 16 2007, 04:26 PM
From what It looks like Kris got rid of this section on the main page ?

-John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Jeffrey
Jul 17 2007, 11:11 PM
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ndell/index.htm
This is my favorite.

Woot this song is pimp, I downloaded it, thanks marcus for link.- I think this is my new favorite song overall=)
laugh.gif

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

Schecter FR C-1 Hellraiser
CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access /25.5"
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Gothic Cross
PICKUPS: EMG active 81/85
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-Way switch
BRIDGE: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
BINDING: Abalone
TUNERS: Grover

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jul 18 2007, 10:56 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 16 2007, 11:26 AM) *
From what It looks like Kris got rid of this section on the main page ?

-John

I'm sure it'll be back soon enough.That beginner structure thing cant stay forever right? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:45 PM